Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
AD REFERENCE : EMP/AAH/03/2021/26
EXTERNAL JOB VACANCY
Action Against Hunger – Cameroon
Actions Against Hunger is an International Non Governmental Organiztion (NGO), apolitical, non denominated and non-profit. For our operations in Cameroon, we are looking for:
DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER FOR HEALTH AND NUTRITION
Base: Buea (south west region)
Number of positions : 1
Contract duration: 1 Year
start date: 1st of April 2021
supervised by: Program manager
Location : Kumba South West Region
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Objective 1: Team management
- Provide support supervision to the program team
- Draw up work schedules for supervisors and nurses
- Organise training plan for the program team;
- Organise debriefing with program team after field visit and address the challenges faced during Mobile Clinic
- Organise monthly review meetings with the program team Buea and Kumba
- In the event of problems, identify the issue and seek solutions or refer up to the PM
- Handle any conflicts within the team;
- Verify the manner in which the team interacts with beneficiaries and assistants;
- Supervise the team's activity reports and draw up a monthly activity report
Objective 2 : Monitoring and Supervision of medical and nutritional activities
- Plan and organize field visits for the program team
- Regularly supervise the activities in all mobile clinic sites and ensure quality of care is guaranteed, Formulate recommendations and actions point during support supervision
- Participate in the development, review and dissemination of the various health and nutrition monitoring tools;
- In the absence of a Supervisor, ensure his replacement.
- Ensure quality data are collected by program team and analyse them before submission to the PM
- Follows the indicators defined within the framework of the project
Objective 3 : Participate in the management of logistical and administration of the program activities
- Anticipates the necessary needs (medical equipment and supplies, field movements plan ) for the establishment and continuation of the activities;
- Manage consumable stocks and anticipate orders to avoid drug stock out
- Establish the purchase requests for the mobile clinic/ stabilisation centre equipment according to the needs raised;
- Participate in the development of the weekly movement plan and liaise with access and security team before submission.
- Anticipate and forecast any field cash need (per diem for staff, care takers, CM's, training …. ), submit to the PM for validation
- Ensure quality control of DATA collected by supervisors and update the DATA base
- Ensures proper use and understanding of monitoring tools by all Supervisors and Nurses
- Compile and analyze the information collected by the teams and prepare quality reports
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the program activity
- Prepares quantitative, narrative APR and monthly report on request and in the absence of the Program Manager.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the program and highlights its progress and objectives;
- Writes the technical part of the weekly and monthly internal AAH reports and sends it to the program manager.
- Provide technical support and coaching the supervisors involved in data collection and interpretation
- Participate in planning, designing tools and carrying out various assessments / surveys during the project cycle.
Objective 4: Ensure the compilation of medical data and program activity reports Activities:Objective 6 : Participate in internal and external coordination meeting
- Actively participates in weekly and daily briefing meetings at the base
- Facilitates the weekly meetings of the Health / Nutrition program team if necessary
- Following the meetings of the Health / Nutrition program, and the activity reports, analyzes the sticking points and makes proposals for solutions;
- Maintains and strengthens collaboration and transversally with the different program
- Participate in health and nutrition cluster's meeting as per request
- Participate in collaboration with other actors present in the region (Health Delegation, UNICEF, WHO, INGOs, etc.).
- Develop and maintain harmonious and productive relationships with health authorities and program partners.
Diploma of higher education in Health (Medical Doctor, Bachelor degree in Nursing, or Masters in Public Health), with 3 years' experience in a similar role in a humanitarian context
REQUIRED SKILLS :
Ability to manage a team, good communication skills, negotiating and organisational skills, flexibility, resourcefulness, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, pro-active attitude, good listening skills, capacity to take and follow instructions.
2 years' experience with action against hunger, working directly on nutrition and health in the humanitarian context ;
Training skills ;
- Knowledge of informatics : Word, Excel, EPInut, EPIsurv ;
- Knowledge of English, French. And local language
Commit to respect and apply AAH''s gender policy.
-Mainstream gender approach in all activities
- Contribute to a working environment that takes into account each other's specificities and avoids discrimination.
Our recruitment procedure has 3 key steps :
- A pre-selection on the basis of the files submitted (only canidates whose skills and experience matches with the profile are selected for the test) ;
- Oral Interview
For each step, only selected candidates are contacted.
Due to emergency, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
At the attention of: Head of Human resources department, Action Against Hunger Cameroon
DEADLINE : 18th of MArch 2021
Only selected candidates will be selected for tests and interview.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Pour postuler à cette annonce, veuillez nous adresser votre candidature comprenant :
- a curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation, and references
à l'adresse firstname.lastname@example.org en indiquant dans l'objet du mail la référence de l'annonce EMP/AAH/03/2021/26
IMPORTANT! Toute candidature sans référence d'annonce sera pur caduque