Petite annonce / classified ad
Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Inscrivez-vous sur cm1xbet.com et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : das14
Register on cm1xbet.com and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: das14
Career Opportunities: Logistics Associate G6 (107375)
Requisition # 107375 - Posted 21/10/2019 - Fixed Term - Africa, Central & Eastern - Cameroon - Yaounde - Working Job Language (2) - LOGISTICS
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Maintain data quality in the corporate system (LESS) and implement well-define standard logistics/Supply Chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all deliveries modalities. Technical support, partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Maintain regular data quality and integrity, processes and procedures implementation in Cameroon through correspondence and direct missions. Take corrective actions on systematic irregularities on data prior to their dispatch to EDPs;
- Ensure all transactions related to Conventional and non-conventional cargos are recorded in LESS following the standards.
- Report status of deliveries and losses to the Head of Supply Chain on regular basis;
- Ensure data captured in the LESS system is accurate and liabilities and assets are accounted for at any given point in time;
- Ensure that LESS transactions are performed according to the standard business processes and corporate guidelines;
- In liaison with implementing Partners and with the country Office, identify bottlenecks in the commodity tracking and provide solutions;
- Build in-house capacity for normal and emergency operational requirements;
- Maintain internal CO business continuity through management of staff absences and adequate coverage;
- Ensure best use of new tools, material and guidance and provide prompt feedback to the CO of any issues faced.
- Ensure Physical Inventories are carried out in the Country on a monthly and quarterly basis at each storage location and reconciled and captured in the system before the closure deadline;
- Ensure full compliance of CO operations to IPSAS
- In close liaison with CO Programme/Reporting Units, make sure Commodity Accounting standard reports including the SPRs/ACRs are finalized and cleared by CO within deadlines and all expenditures and stock movements are captured in timely manner;
- Reconcile commodity part of SPRs/ACRs and Financial Statements;
- Ensure that Commodity Accounting Reports submissions to the CO are accurate
- Ensure that Audit observations and recommendations are implemented;
- Implement best practices and advise CO management on any anomalies;
- Perform any other business as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable
5 years minimum in Logistics management/managerial positions in logistics related activities
Fluency (level C) in French language
Fluency in English preferrable
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP's Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team's work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team's activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team's deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP's goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team's efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization
|Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt
|Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
|Information Management & Reporting
|Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
|Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
|Warehouse and Inventory Management
|Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP's warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
|Technical Assistance and Coordination
|Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience analyzing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports
- Experience in measuring service providers' performance against set KPIs
- Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
4th November 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.