Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
East Region Cameroon
The Accountant is responsible for giving accurate and timely financial support to the Finance Manager. The accountant will assist and collaborate with the lead on financial matters and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting.
The Accountant will generally be responsible for compliance oversight of the awards. S/He will ensure compliance to regulation, ensure internal control, prepare, review and analyze all the financial reports and recommendations to the Finance Manager.
To monitor and ensure that all internal controls over the organization's assets are well implemented and mitigated against all inherent and acquired financial risks ranging from cash, bank, staff and vendor.
- Provide oversight function on cash management in the financial accounting unit (cash security, physical cash count, spot check on cash custodian, check book safety);
- Prepare all relevant voucher and payment documents and ensure appropriate signature are in place before incurring expense;
- Ensure daily posting of transaction into accounting software;
- Liaise with Finance Manager and Country Program Director to review all project advance requests and liquidations in line with the grant agreement;
- Ensure financial procedures are correctly followed in incurring expenses in line with organization approval processes;
- Ensure that all expenses charged to the grants complies with the rule and regulation of this grant as contained in 45CFR74, 2CFR230, 2CFR213 and the grant agreement;
- Ensure correct, accurate and timely preparation of financial report for submission to headquarters office;
- Act as contact person with bankers for routine and operational matters;
- Promptly communicate all strategic issues arising from financial relationship with our bankers to the Finance Manager and Country Program Director;
- Prepare bank and petty cash reconciliation statements on monthly basis;
- To ensure appropriate and accurate filling (physical and electronical) of all the financial documents and vouchers generated within finance department;
- Take a lead in supporting the team in budget projection preparation and ensure mathematical accuracy;
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are promptly remitted to the relevant statutory authorities on a monthly basis;
- Assist in training on financial matters to the organization staff when necessary;
- Assist in preparation of monthly and end of the year financial Report;
- Crosschecking the appropriateness and completion of the petty cash vouchers with adequate approval when received from the petty cashier/or its custodian;
- Accomplish other tasks as requested by the Finance Manager, Country Program Director, and various headquarters staff
- Process travel and activities advances to staff and ensuring advance reconciliation in a timely manner and processing expense reports;
- Preparing monthly payroll journal using staff LOE and posting the approved journal into the accounting system
- Assist in preparing monthly management reports as required, including expenditures by budget cost center, financial forecast and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plan and monitor country office cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of programmed activities;
- Assist in the review internal, independent audit (or any) reports of sub-grantees in order to identify risks and implement interventions to reduce overall liability to the organization;
Key Working Relationships:
Internal (Cameroon): Finance Manager, Country Program Director
Internal (HQ): Finance Manager
External: Bankers, Tax Authority, Vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Degree in accounting (ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage) with a Minimum of Three Years Post Qualification Experience (Working experience with International Organization will be an added advantage);
- Must be a matured, motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative.
- Must be computer literate with an experience in at least an Accounting Package (Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Package will be an added advantage) and excellent knowledge of another computer software – MS Office and Excel especially;
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of Cameroon business environment;
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact;
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to TIDECameroon@georgetown.edu.
- Please mention in the subject line of the email the position for which you are applying.
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant's work experience preferably in the last 3-5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one's suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one's key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 5 PM Cameroon Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Georgetown University Center for Global Health Practice and Impact through its local entity Georgetown Global Health Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.