Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Sightsavers' vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world.
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (Programme Monitoring)
Contract: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Location: Cameroon Country Office, Yaoundé
Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer. As part of an international MEL team the post holder will strengthen the design and delivery of programme monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting at Sightsavers and contribute to the culture of continuous learning and improvement.
About the Role
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will report to the Programme Monitoring Manager (based in Cameroon) and will utilise their experience in project management and MEL within a government organisation, NGO or INGO to provide technical support to colleagues locally and internationally throughout the programme life cycle. The MEL Officer will be required to:
- Undertake routine monitoring of projects,
- Analyse performance data, write reports and provide recommendations,
- Assist with the development of project proposals and contribute towards project design,
- Develop MEL plans, write guidance and facilitate workshops,
- Triangulate project data from multiple sources to identify gaps and propose actions for improvement,
- Support the development and testing of MEL tools,
- Contribute to the analysis and dissemination of knowledge, evidence and key learning to influence decision-making within Sightsavers programmes,
- Support and build MEL capacity within country teams,
- Contribute across the MEL team to support workload variations and workflow.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field or subject, e.g. International Development, Public Health, Social Sciences, preferably at Master's level,
- Demonstrable experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning, preferably in the international development context,
- Good technical skills in the design and implementation of monitoring tools and logical frameworks,
- Experience of working with various stakeholders in an international setting,
- Fluent written and spoken English, with fluency in French being advantageous,
- Experience of working in gender sensitive or disability inclusive programmes focusing on health, social inclusion, education and advocacy,
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities,
- Experience using statistical packages, NVivo or Power BI,
- Availability to travel locally and internationally (subject to Covid-19 restrictions),
- The right to work in Cameroon
This is a rewarding, demanding and diverse role and more detail may be found in the job description.
Closing date: 11th October 2020
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link. Please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered. http://www.sightsavers.org/vacancies
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.