Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Job Posting: 07/Aug/2020
Closure Date: 28/Aug/2020, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRCMR
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: NPO (National Professional Officer)
Grade Level: N-3
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Duration: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 2007780CCOG Code: 1H05
Important Notice - Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of FAO country offices, which are headed by FAO Representatives, is to assist governments in developing policies, programmes and projects that achieve food security and reduce hunger and malnutrition; develop agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors; and ensure the utilization of environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The post is located in the FAO Representation in Cameroon.
The National Professional Officer reports to the Representative under the technical guidance of the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA) for the 'Sustainable Development of Fisheries and Aquaculture Value Chains in ACP Countries' project (FISH4ACP).
Programme development, technical support, coordination and operational assistance, outreach and reporting to partners based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
Research, technical analysis, and project related services to support the delivery of programme projects, products, and services.
- Researches and analyses technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional, and technology related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services;
- Produces a variety of technical information, data, statistics and reports as well as input for technical documents and web pages;
- Provides technical support/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives and provides technical backstopping to field projects;
- Collaborates in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes, and databases;
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams, and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with other departments and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices;
- Collaborates in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development activities within member countries such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning materials, online tools;
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations;
- Supports resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy.
- Acts as the Secretary to the FISH4ACP Value Chain Task Force (VC-TF) and organizes meetings and plans agendas.
- Prepares reports every six months for submission to the Project Management Unit (PMU), which will include information on results achieved, constraints and possible solutions, impact evaluation, as well as administrative and financial updates;
- Prepares and executes the FISH4ACP annual country level work plan and budget and oversees the preparation of the country level value chain work plan and budget;
- Develops and maintains partnerships with country and regional stakeholders who can contribute to achieving FISH4ACP value chain objectives;
- Collaborates closely with consultants (national and international) responsible for value chain project tasks and ensures the implementation of a sustainable systems-based value chain approach;
- Coordinates, collates and analyses quarterly value chain progress reports from the value chain task forces to gauge the impact of FISH4ACP interventions;
- Coordinates the knowledge sharing emerging from the value chain to ensure information is widely disseminated within the FISH4ACP project and externally;
- Oversees development and implementation of the FISH4ACP communication strategy at country level;
- Supports and monitors the value chain analysis (VCA) in the first year and the value chain development activities in years two through five of the project, facilitating linkages between stakeholders, including the formation of the VCA teams and value chain task forces, and the organization of value chain stakeholder workshops;
- Contributes to the data collection and analysis, as well as report-writing (as applicable), with a main focus on the strategy and implementation sections;
- Leads the regular monitoring and evaluation (M-E) of the programme, at country level, throughout the project duration, including the selection of value chain-specific indicators, as well as the regular reporting of progress to the CTA;
- Performs other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• Staff members in this category are recruited locally and paid according to a local salary scale. Salary scales are reviewed periodically on the basis of comprehensive surveys of the best prevailing conditions of employment in the locality.
• FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
HOW TO APPLY