Petites annonces / classified ads
Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Inscrivez-vous sur cm1xbet.com et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : das14
Register on cm1xbet.com and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: das14
REGIONAL COMMUNICATION & KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Global Water Partnership-Central Africa (GWP-CAf)
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is an international non-profit network organisation created in 1996. With a diverse partnership of more than 3000 organizations from 180+ countries, including governments, the private sector, civil society groups, the GWP network is made up of 13 Regional Water Partnerships and 85 Country Water Partnerships (CWPs), which are neutral platforms for dialogue on development policies from the bottom to the top.
Global Water Partnership Central Africa (GWP-CAf), the GWP Regional Water Partnership in Central Africa (https://www.gwp.org/en/GWP-Central-Africa/) was formally established in 2008. Its vision is for a "Central Africa where water security is guaranteed", and its mission is to "support sustainable development through the promotion and implementation of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) in Central Africa".
The GWP-CAf network consists of approximately 252 public and private partners from six Central African countries, and to date has contributed to the creation of five (05) CWPs in five countries of the sub-region: Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principle and Chad.
To effectively and efficiently support its partners and CWPs in their work, and help expand GWP-CAf partnership base and implementation capacity, GWP-CAf is recruiting a Communications and Knowledge Management Officer who will be based at the GWP-CAf regional secretariat in Yaoundé.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Executive Secretary, the Regional Communication and Knowledge Management Officer will be in charge of monitoring, reporting and ensuring the visibility of GWP-CAf actions and activities at different levels and in different media, as well as organizing and coordinating the management of knowledge generated by GWP-CAf and its partners, and supporting management of the partnerships.
This role involves working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. Regional Steering Committee, GWP Global Secretariat, CWPs in the Region, etc.) to ensure that the region is present and recognized among GWP partners, water professionals, government institutions and the public. The Regional Communication and Knowledge Management Officer promotes and facilitates a culture of knowledge sharing in the region.
His/her specific duties and responsibilities will include amongst others:
Ensure the update and implementation of the GWP-CAf communication strategy.
- Ensure the implementation and update of the regional communication strategy in alignment with the global network's strategic direction and the specific needs of the region;
- Support the Region's Country Water Partnerships in the development of their communication strategy and provide technical support in its implementation;
- Ensure that the GWP visual Brand policy is properly applied by the RWP and CWPs, and that the GWP brand and reputation are maintained and enhanced.
Contribute to Partnership Management
- Develop and maintain working relationships with RWP staff and Steering Committee, Partners, CWPs, GWPO (global secretariat) and all other bodies important to the success of GWP network activities.
- Liaise with the GWPO Communications Unit and colleagues from other RWPs, and share information and experiences that can benefit the entire GWP network;
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge and information with and between the RWP, CWPs and other regional organizations, especially AMCOW, CEEAC, CBLT;
- Collaborate with the GWPO Resource Mobilization and Partnership Development Officers to support fundraising efforts;
- Manage and update the GWP CAf partner database;
- Coordinate for the Regional Secretariat the process for accreditation and verification of accreditation for CWPs.
Strengthen Communications and Knowledge Management
- Strengthen and promote the management of knowledge, techniques, methodologies and processes of communication, and support their integration into cooperation projects and programmes;
- Ensure the development and editing of public awareness materials on RWP and its activities including press releases, publications, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, case studies, lessons learned products, etc;
- Manage media relations, and lead all communication campaigns, including through social media, email and print;
- Facilitate participation of GWP-CAf and CWP in relevant events on water and the environment, and ensure that the materials and "Exhibition Stand" properly reflect GWP-CAf reputation;
- Develop and update RWP web communications by keeping the website current, drafting blogs, spreading a range of content on social media and developing urgent campaigns;
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly and annual activity reports, and mission reports. As such, he/she will ensure quality reporting to GWPO of RWP achievements and outcomes on a regular basis, as well as the timely dissemination and exchange of information on the outcomes of Regional activities to key audiences, including amongst others GWP Partners, donors, other GWP Regions, media, and governments.
- Regularly seek feedback from partners and key stakeholders to evaluate the relevance and effectiveness of messages and communication;
- Assist in developing the capacity of GWP-CAf staff and partners in the field of communication and knowledge management;
- Establish a monitoring and identification system for the best publications and articles on water and environment produced by journalists and researchers in the sub-region, and facilitate dissemination.
- Support CWPs in the design of communication and awareness-raising tools (web page, newsletter, etc.);
- Supervise the organization and maintenance of e-mail distribution lists for stakeholders and members;
- Manage the budget and associated administration for communication and knowledge management;
- Undertake any other RWP network communication and related activities requested by the GWP-CAf Regional Coordinator.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate for the position of must be a national of an ECCAS country, and should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Hold at least a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Information and Communication Technology, or Natural Resource Management, with at least 5 years effective working experience in communications;
- Experience in reporting for a wide range of audiences, including governments and policy makers, multilateral agencies and the public at national and international levels;
- Experience working with journalists and media in the region and across the continent, and ability to develop and maintain contacts with existing and new media;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in editing and proofreading organizational communication documents;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and manage time and prioritize multiple projects and tasks effectively;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of communication materials (online, Media / Press releases, publications and reports);
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to interact positively with a wide range of stakeholders in an international, regional and national context;
- Experience in project management, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, Social Media);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English. Knowledge of the Portuguese language will be an asset;
- Flexible and creative, with good analysis and synthesis capabilities;
- Additional training in development and/or environment, especially in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), will be a major asset.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates should prepare and submit a motivation letter, addressed to the GWP-CAf Chair, with their curriculum vitae (including 2 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com clearly indicating “Application for the position of Communications and Knowledge Management Officer of GWP Central Africa”.
Applications must be submitted electronically no later than 5 pm (Cameroon time) on 31st January 2020. This call for applications is open to all candidates from the Central African region who are nationals of one of the GWP countries in Central Africa.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Please note that only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
EXPECTED START DATE: 31st January 2020
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: 1 year, with a trial period of 6 months.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Yaoundé - Republic of Cameroon