Petite annonce / classified ad
Retrouvez CampusJeunes sur LinkedIn via ce lien : https://www.linkedin.com/company/campusjeunes
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
AD REFERENCE : EMP/EGP/03/2021/77
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Research Assistant/Study nurse
Job openings: 01
Location: Study Health Facilities (Njombe, Littoral Region)
Duration: Fixed-Term contract (04 months starting ASAP)
Reports to: Study Coordinator of the Research Project
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments." - Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation's global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research.
The goal of the UNITAID CAP-TB project is to reach more children who are suffering from tuberculosis (TB) by using innovative models of TB care for children and improving the market for child-friendly TB medicines. One innovative research project is the community contact tracing of children who have been in close contact with adults that have been diagnosed with TB (CONTACT Study). This study is designed as a cluster randomized controlled trial comparing two models of contact tracing.
The Research Assistant/Study Nurse will be stationed in two (02) of the health facilities participating to the study in Cameroun, and under the guidance and supervision of the Study Coordinator, will work with the TB health staff to implement the research project. He/she will be primarily responsible for the accurate completion of recruitment and enrollment procedures, visit procedures and collection of information from study participants and maintaining safety and confidentiality of the data collected according to the CONTACT study protocol. He/she will also help to ensures the health protection, safety, and welfare of the children enrolled in the trial according to the protocol. He/she will report to the Associate Research Officer, Data manager, Study Coordinator and Country Principal Investigator on study-related aspects.
- In collaboration with the nurse in charge of the tuberculosis unit, identify, recruit and enroll eligible participants into the study.
- Obtain and accurately document informed consent from each participant in the health facility.
- Work with the tuberculosis nurse in the health facility to collect information for the study from different sources documents as per the study protocol and approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure the daily entry of participant data into a digital questionnaire using an electronic data collection system as per SOPs.
- Report immediately, to the study coordinator, any Event of interest occurring during the study implementation, especially adverse event involving or affecting study participants.
- Ensures organization and storage of paperwork after entering data and generate reports.
- Ensure data verification from source documents and make necessary corrections and updates when required.
- Ensure the secured storage of data collection tools and participants records.
- Ensure supplies and proper use of the study materials and equipment.
- Maintain a good relationship with the participants, the facility staff and other staff involved in the study.
- Ensure quality and timely completion of the trial activities. Ensure diplomatic and proactive identification and solving of problems.
- Ensure any other duties linked to the study assigned by the supervisor.
- Registered nurse with Degree or Diploma in General Nursing.
- An additional Diploma in Public health or relevant field will be appreciated.
- At least 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience in a health care setting.
- An experience in the field of tuberculosis will be much appreciated.
- An experience in clinical and/or operational research will be highly appreciated.
- Experience in implementing community-based activities/research will be an added advantage.
- General Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices and ethic in research will be highly appreciated.
- A very good mastery of computer tools and office software such as Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Professional proficiency in French is required (a bilingual profile is an advantage).
- Be professional and have strong communication skills with the public as well as physicians and other collaborators.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment and strong ability to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Be able to work under pressure.
How to apply :
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be accepted until April 4, 2021.
Pour postuler à cette annonce, veuillez nous adresser votre candidature comprenant :
- Cover letter
à l'adresse firstname.lastname@example.org en indiquant dans l'objet du mail la référence de l'annonce EMP/EGP/03/2021/77
IMPORTANT! Toute candidature sans référence d'annonce sera pur caduque