Petite annonce / classified ad
Recrutement pour le Programme Efficacité 2021 : Cliquer pour plus d'infos et inscription
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Title: Senior SI&E Officer- Data Manager and Analyst
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Reports To: SI&E Director
Start Date: January, 25, 2021
Applications Due: January, 04, 2021
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation's global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
She/he is a member of the SI&E department. She/he will be working under the direct supervision of the SI&E Director. She/he will be responsible for the data management and data analysis of the project. She/he will oversee each project's database, will perform data checks, and ensure data quality before analysis. She/he will work closely with the Health Informatics unit, the SI&E manager to upgrade and clean the databases.
- Provide technical support in all aspects of data management including: designing of data collection tools; planning and conducting data analyses, interpreting and disseminating results; assessing data quality
- Ensure data quality through data validation checks, including discrepancy/inconsistency checks, real-time data monitoring and data cleaning
- Conduct data quality assessment in the project databases and generate list of errors or incoherence in collaboration with associate data officer.
- Ensure regular cleaning of databases and storage of databases used for quarterly reporting
- Lead data correction processes
- Identify data errors, and request corrections through SI&E Managers and SI&E Officers in various sites and districts (In collaboration with Associate Data Officer, M&E assistant and data clerks)
- Work closely with SI&E Manager, Health Informatics staff to develop and/or review data management systems including data dissemination aids and templates
- Under the guidance of SI&E Director and the support of the SI&E Advisor, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentations
- Support the development and implementation of a plan to build the capacity of project staff in data management including analysis, use and dissemination of data
- Provide support in improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, disaggregated data from the DSD
- Support overall data dissemination and utilization at site-level, cluster -level and region level
- Responds to data requests from the project technical team in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a robust archiving system (electronic and hard copy) to ensure all files are well stored and archived in respect of all Foundation and ethics requirements
- Participate in the development of a data analysis plan
- Ensure availability of targets and integrity of targets in dashboards and presentations
- Lead in-depth data analytics efforts across various domains of the project, to support optimization of program strategies, implementation and routine operations
- Work with the team to identify, test, develop and implement data dashboards using a variety of context-appropriate tools (Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Power point, etc) in order to promote use of routine data for decision-making
- Design and support implementation of data analytics and visualization capacity building activities within project teams
- Work closely with other units / teams to identify, develop, and pursue new opportunities with a specific eye toward the power of data analytics for solving complex healthcare delivery challenges
- Lead the preparation of above site data review sessions
- Lead the drafting of various reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual)
- Support the development of data dissemination plan for this award
- Participate in any cost-analysis activities
- Support data reporting into DATIM / DHIS2
- Support elaboration of draft for quarterly reports
- Master degree in epidemiology or statistics or informatics, biostatistics or any other relevant domain
- At least 4 years of experience in HIV M&E programs;
- An experience in data management role will be highly valued
- Knowledge and understanding of human subjects' research and GCP.
- Fluency in French, and a working knowledge of English
- Demonstrated expertise in management of electronic data collection software will be highly valued.
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis software (Stata; SPSS; SAS)
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated flexibility in demanding working environment
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Power bi, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel / Tableau /Data visualization / Presentation skills / critical thinking
- Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners
- Demonstrated expertise in developing databases and dashboards
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, very demanding
- Flexibilité et capacités démontrées à travailler dans un environnement de travail particulièrement exigent
- Maîtrise solide et démontrable de Power bi, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel / Tableau / Visualisation de données / Compétences en présentation / pensée critique
- Expertise et aptitudes démontrées pour travailler au sein d'équipes multiculturelles et multinationales dans les pays en développement, y compris avec les ministères de la Santé et / ou d'autres partenaires d'exécution
- Expertise démontrée dans le développement de bases de données et de tableaux de bord
- Solides compétences en communication, orale et écrite, requises
- Capacité avérée à travailler efficacement en tant que membre d'une équipe dynamique dans un environnement en évolution rapide, très exigeant
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position's level of Officer:
- Ethics and integrity – Ability of a person to adhere in moral principles and be honest.
- Team Building – Team building is a person's ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person's ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person's ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
Recherche de plusieurs profils pour travailler en freelance : Cliquer ici