Petite annonce / classified ad
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
The World Wide Fund for Nature in Cameroon seeks an Accountant
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. We are an international NGO committed to environmental protection active in almost 100 countries. We have been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa since 1978.
WWF has a large and growing conservation programme in the Republic of Cameroon. We are implementing various projects dealing with protected areas management, forest management; support to various NGOs, Civil Society Organisations and many government ministries (Agriculture, Education, Planning etc.) to promote sustainable development in Cameroon.
The Finance and Administration Department has a crucial role to play in assisting WWF in managing this challenging agenda. In the spirit of excellence, integrity and dedication, the Finance and Administration Department, is committed in providing timely, clear and complete information and support to all departments of WWF-Cameroon Country Programme Office. We are therefore looking for a dynamic and committed person for the position of Accountant in the Finance and Administration Department more precisely in the Accounting Unit of our CFP Programme based in Limbe.
Under the direct supervision of the CFP Programme Executant, he / she will provide technical support to the staff of the Accounting Unit and to the Finance & Administration Manager.
Location: Limbe, Cameroon
Duration: 2 years, renewable
In the context of decentralization of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for:
- All accounting operations of the projects under the program
- Proper monitoring, reporting and process administration associated with financial deliveries related to all the projects of his/ her portfolio.
- Make sure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with WWF standard financial procedures and in adherence with donor's requirements
- Ensure data is processed in Accounting Information System daily and posted at least once a week;
- Regularly review the loan and salary advance registers;
- Prepare cheque payments, transfer request and bank reconciliations for bank accounts directly managed from the site and ensure the quality of receipts/ vouchers justification in compliance with FOM Finance guidelines. Ensure that bank reconciliations for WWF accounts are regularly performed and regularly reviewed by designated officials. Manage the cash position of bank accounts and coordinate the financial closure for entrusted impress accounts;
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorisations and supports by legitimate and sufficient documentation;
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by ensuring that all unjustified advances to be deducted from salary are timely communicated to the payroll unit
- Preparation and analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month
- Reconcile advance and recovery accounts. Ensure adequate cost recovery and timely repayment of management fees to Core.
- Ensure that accounts are received in head office as per set reporting calendar
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements;
- Carry out a cash count at least once a month
- Work with the project managers of his/ her portfolio on monthly budget follow-up and the explanation of variances
- Undertake regular financial analysis to ensure donor requirements are fulfilled and income/ expenses have been allocated to the right project
- Assign codes to data;
- Determine content and assemble data in order to prepare monthly reports for review;
- Pre-audit, verify, and process employee expense claims reviewing rule for employee compliance;
- Assure that the work meets quality and production standards by reviewing the work for accuracy and proper completion and monitoring output;
- File and/or remove records and reports;
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management, accounts payable and General Ledger data is up to date;
- Assist in preparing cost recovery journals and upload in the Oracle system;
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the field site primarily;
- Perform the following Oracle roles: AP User, GL User;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with WWF finance rules and regulations; perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in Oracle;
- Monitor vendor advances and other receivables and ensure timely clearance of vendor outstanding items, taking corrective follow up actions where required;
- Provide assistance to all staff services ex: travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc;
- Have an experience in managing Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and be able to provide them adequate training in financial management of funds received for their activities is essential.
Perform other related duties as required.
What you need (Profile):
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Min a BSc Degree in Accounting/ Finance or a related filed and a professional accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is an asset;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in financial accounting, (Being in an international environment i.e NGO or Company is an asset);
- Experience working with donors and Civil Society Organizations;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS excel is required;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability in the fields of budgetary accounting, costing and accounting systems and practices
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems. Experience in using ERP and Oracle would be an added advantage
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (French and English) including the ability to rapidly acquire sound knowledge of WWF financial rules and regulations (FOM)
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and solve problems effectively and achieve results
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Email a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read ACC-LIMBE19. Deadline for applications: 14 July 2019.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted three (3) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce