Rejoignez gratuitement CampusJeunes Channel sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. It has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature. In pursuit of her vision of a future with healthy ecosystems and thriving biodiversity supporting people and driving sustainable development in Cameroon, WWF Cameroon (WWF CCPO) went into partnership with the Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources – South West Region (PSMNR-SWR) financed by the Republic of Germany through the German Development Bank KFW. The goal of the Programme is to contribute towards the preservation of high-value ecosystems in South-West Region, thereby contributing to improved livelihoods of the surrounding communities in a sustainable manner We are looking for a JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT who will ensure sound financial processes are in place, to deliver transparent accounting, accurate & timely cash flow management, timely, consistent and accurate financial reporting and analysis, maintenance of financial records and adequate internal financial controls practices/systems, assist in risk identification and mitigation in the Coastal Forest Programme (CFP) office and provision of assistance on other accounting and Administrative related functions for the Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources (PSMNR) project.
Location: Limbe, Cameroon.
- Provide financial and operational support to the programme by facilitating timely request of funds;
- Performs general accounting functions primarily, encoding of Oracle Light AP transactions, analysing the staff and partner Advances;
- Process payments to staff and third parties in line with PSMNR procedures;
- Maintain subsidiary accounting records; Proper control over various financial records such as commitments and expenditures against budgeted amounts; initiate actions related to the following: general financial information, travel payments, expense claims and procurement transactions;
- Prepare financial reports, and provision of assistance on other accounting and Administrative related functions;
- Participates in the PSMNR budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets;
- Review PSMNR work plans/budget and keeps records of budget and budget modifications on file;
- Ensure that Cost recovery amongst projects is applied on a monthly basis based on the agreed budget/requirements with PSMNR as indicated in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and invoices for salaries, management fees and other purchases recovered on time and accurately;
- Provide support to Programme Administrative & Finance Officer (PAFO) in ensuring that appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to in the CFP Office;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformity with WWF finance rules and regulations; perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are
properly authorized and that goods have been received or services rendered; and ensure timely recording and processing of vendor invoices in Oracle;
- Maintain PSMNR asset register and reconcile the register to the GL on a monthly basis.
- Provide support to PAFO in ensuring that appropriate financial control processes, procedures and systems are in place and adhered to in the CFP Office Follow up finance-related audit actions for the PSMNR project.
- Assist PAFO to identify and mitigate risk in CFP Office.
- Perform other related duties as required. What you need:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting/finance or related field and/or a professional accounting qualification is required;
- At least Three (3) years of progressively professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international organization (NGO or Company); Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, web-based system
- Strong analytical thinking
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems;
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and French.
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply? Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 20thJUNE 2020.
The subject should read “JA-PSMNR 20”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!