McGill University is offering Science Internship Program. The internship is a paid, full-time work term done during interns undergraduate degree in a field related to their studies. Applicants must be a full time undergraduate student in Science before and after the IP or the IYS is completed. International students are eligible to apply to all IYS positions (unless otherwise indicated on the job posting) and to summer IPs (provided the student has an off-campus work permit).
Field of Internship: Science
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: McGill University
Internship can be taken at: Canada
Eligibility: Applicants –
- Must be a full time undergraduate student in Science before and after the IP or the IYS is completed.
- Must have completed at least 27 credits and should have at least 12 credits remaining in your degree program.
– CGPA must be 2.7 or higher.
- International students are eligible to apply to all IYS positions (unless otherwise indicated on the job posting) and to summer IPs (provided the student has an off-campus work permit).
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? Yes this is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: Would you like to “test drive” a job before you launch directly into a career? Would you like some help figuring out what it is you want to do after university? How about earning money to fund further education? You can do all of these with an internship! An internship gives you the opportunity to gain professional and practical experience in your field of study prior to graduation. An internship is a paid, full-time work term done during your undergraduate degree in a field related to your studies. Participation in an Industrial Practicum (IP) or in an Internship Year in Science (IYS) will be noted on your transcript. If you complete two IPs or if you participate in an IYS , your program name will change to include the Internship Program (e.g. Bachelor of Science – Biology – Internship Program).
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: IP internships begin primarily in May, with some positions available for January and September. IYS internships begin in January, May or September and continue for 8, 12 or 16 months.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: IP/IYS job openings are posted on the CaPS website; students must apply as instructed on the job posting. For additional information on how to obtain an internship, check the student resources page.
- Students are encouraged to attend career related workshops (CV writing, cover letter writing, interview techniques, cold calling) and meet with a career advisor.
- Once you secure an internship, you must notify the Internship Officer to register for the Science Internship Program. Click here on Registration form.
- Note that it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to research and secure an internship that is best suited for his or her studies.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadlines for winter and summer session are January 19, 2016 and May 16, 2016 respectively.