Petite annonce / classified ad
Intégrez gratuitement le groupe CampusJeunes sur Telegram via le lien : https://t.me/campusjeunes
Créez gratuitement votre compte LEOcoin et recevez 10£ de bonus. Plus d'infos...
Enregistrez-vous sur 1XBET.cm et recevez un bonus de 100% jusqu'à 65 000 FCFA après votre premier dépôt. Code promo : 1x_59759
Register on 1XBET.cm and receive a 100% bonus up to CFAF 65,000 after your first deposit. Promo Code: 1x_59759
The World Wide Fund for Nature seeks a
JUNIOR CONSERVATION BIOLOGIST INTERN
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world. WWF is an international NGO committed to environmental protection. The global conservation organization, active in almost 100 countries, has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
We are looking for a Junior Conservation Biologist Intern for our Cameroon Programme Office, who will, under the direct technical supervision of the JCB is responsible for overall day-to-day implementation of agreed ecological monitoring activities in Lobéké National Park (LNP). In this regard, he is also to some extent under the direct technical supervision of the Technical Advisor for related activities. He is also expected to be responsible for all project equipment at his disposal for execution of field activities. He generally assists the JCB and the Technical Advisor in the implementation of conservation activities in LNP and overall management of the site.
Location: Lobéké, (South-eastern Cameroon)
- Provide technical assistance to the development and implementation of management plan of Lobéké National Park and its surrounding zones;
- Ensure implementation of ongoing ecological monitoring system in Lobéké NP and its peripheries, with data collection and management following relevant scientific protocols;
- Provide technical support in the development and management of Eco-tourism in Lobéké Lobeke NP
- Assist in raising local community awareness and participation in conservation issues and project related activities through:
- Providing technical support to village surveillance committee group (COVILAB) in ecological monitoring within Community Hunting Zone;
- Providing support in managing community hunting zones, especially in the development of sustainable subsistence hunting system;
- Organizing local populations for surveillance of Lobeke National Park;
- Assist Conservator and other MINFOF staff in planning and implementation of anti-poaching activities in LNP and surrounding zones;
- Provide technical assistance to logging and hunting concessionaries in sustainable management of forest and wildlife resources;
- Under the supervision of the JCB, ensure the program's compliance with technical and financial reporting and monitoring/evaluation requirements.
What you need:
Required Functional Skills
- At least a Bachelor or Engineer Degree in one or more of following domains: Forestry and wildlife, Rural Geography, Eco-tourism, or any related specialisation;
- Minimum of 1-year professional experience in one or more of the following domains: (1) management of forest and wildlife resources, (2) rural, community and organisational development;
- Good overview of legal and institutional framework in the area of forest and wildlife resources management in Cameroon,
- General knowledge of human environment in East Cameroon is an asset;
- Computer literate, knowledge of data analysis and GIS software;
- Fluency in French and English.
Required Behavioural Skills
- Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results;
- Willingness and ability to work in a remote area with low supervision
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com. The subject should read JCBI19.
Deadline for applications: 05th August 2019
NB: Make sure the subject of the application mail reads JCBI19, if not your application shall not be retrieved in the system.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!