Petite annonce / classified ad
Recevez toutes nos annonces sur Telegram via notre lien CampusJeunes_Channel : https://t.me/campusjeunes_channel / Chat with other internet users through CampusJeunes_Group on Telegram: https://t.me/campusjeunes
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth?
Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
Location: Ngoyla, Cameroon
Duration: Six Months, renewable based on satisfactory results
Mission of the Department:
In a spirit of excellence, integrity, and dedication, the Finance Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, clear and complete information, and support for Conservation Department's overall goals to be achieved by the Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO).
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements;
- Enter, update, and/or retrieve accounting data from automated systems;
- Determine content and assemble data in order to prepare monthly reports for review;
- File and/or remove records and reports;
- Assist in the timely closing of monthly account by ensuring cash management, Accounts payable and General Ledger data is up to date.
- Perform assigned roles in the different tools (AP, GL, AGIS, Oracle, Bridger, GFS, Panda Pays, etc.);
- Assist in preparing cost recovery journals;
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the field site primarily;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and conduct analysis of general ledger accounts manually and in the Oracle system;
- Maintain proper control over various financial records such as commitments and expenditures against budgeted amounts; initiate actions related to the following: general financial information, travel payments, and procurement transactions;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Other related tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs
Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and the Oracle accounting system
What you need:
- Degree in Accounting/finance or a related filed and/or supplementary accounting qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) is an asset;
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible professional experience in financial accounting, preferably in an international environment (NGO or Company);
- Knowledge and experience of the field
- Experience working with government and donors;
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems. Knowledge of Oracle would be an added advantage;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly advanced level in MS excel is required;
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Experience in using ERP system is highly desired.
- Knowledge of general record keeping and filing systems;
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines, system updates and revisions, and policy changes;
- Ability to reconcile and/or balance financial transactions and accounts;
- Ability to manage contracts and update bank signatories
- Ability to assist others in solving work problems;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Good language skills - both written and verbal (English and French).
- Culturally aware and able to work effectively in various cultural environments
- Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results.
- Able to demonstrate WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply:
Email a Cover letter and CV (in “one PDF file”) to email@example.com
The subject should read ACCINTERN-TRIDOM. Deadline for applications: 28th November 2020.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted five (5) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce