TWAS and Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology are inviting applications for TWAS-IROST postdoctoral fellowship programme. Fellowships are available for young scientists from developing countries (other than Iran) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) in Iran. IROST will provide a monthly allowance in Iranian Rial for the duration of the fellowship to cover food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs. The application deadline is 15th September 2014.
Study Subject (s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences (Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences and Physics) at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral level at Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology.
Scholarship Provider: TWAS and Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology
Scholarship can be taken at: Iran
- Applicants for these Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Apply for the TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship within 5 years of completion of their PhD qualification;
- be permanent resident in a developing country (other than I.R. Iran);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Iran or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of science and/or technology;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than the host country) and hold a research assignment there;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship;
- be accepted at an IROST department participating in the scheme and provide an official acceptance letter from the head of the department (see sample Acceptance Letter in the application form). Requests for acceptance must be directed to the eligible department at IROST with copy to Dr. Mahmoud Molanejad (see below contact details);
- provide evidence of proficiency in English;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family member.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Citizens of developing countries (other than Iran): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People's Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these fellowships.
Scholarship Description: For young scientists from developing countries (other than Iran) who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences at the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST) in Iran.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowships in natural sciences are tenable for a minimum period of six months to a maximum period of twelve months at IROST.
What does it cover? IROST will provide a monthly allowance in Iranian Rial for the duration of the fellowship to cover food, local transport, pocket money and other personal needs. The monthly allowance will not be convertible into foreign currency. IROST will also cover accommodation, daily medical care and research expenses.
Selection criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply:
- The call for applications is open from April until 15 September of each year.
- Applicants should submit the acceptance letter from an IROST department to TWAS when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper, SIGNED and sent as attachments via e-mail to TWAS. The subject line must contain IROST/PDoc and the candidate's surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent in sealed envelopes by post. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted. The letters can be submitted either by the referee or by the applicant directly.
- Applicants to the TWAS-IROST Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS (only).
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15th September 2014.