Australian Government offers scholarships for African students in Australia. The scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree program commencing in 2014. Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 4.5. (Equivalent TOEFL scores are also accepted). Applicants must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application and must have at least three (3) years’ relevant work experience. The scholarship holders will get the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years. The application deadline is 13th December 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in the field of Agriculture/Food Security, Natural Resource Management and Public Policy(Moroccan, South Sudan), Agriculture/Food Security, Health, Natural Resource Management, Public policy, Water and Sanitation, Mining and Resources (Algerians), Agriculture (Tunisia), Agriculture/Food Security, Education and Health (Egypt), Agriculture/Food Security, Mining, Resources and Public Policy (Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad, Sudan, Nigeria, Kenya, Cameroon, Ghana), Agriculture/Food Security, Health, Infrastructure, Natural Resource Management, Science and Technology and Water and Sanitation(Ethiopia, Liberia), Agriculture/Food Security, Education, Health, Infrastructure, Natural Resource Management and Public Policy (Uganda).
Course Level: The scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree level at Australian university.
Scholarship Provider: Australian Government
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
- Students must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- Students must have at least three (3) years’ relevant work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- Students possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 2:2 (2nd class lower division)
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 4.5. (Equivalent TOEFL scores are also accepted). Those with overall scores of lower than 6.5 who are selected for an award will be supported to undertake between 3 and 9 months pre-course English language training and will need to achieve a score of 6.5 at the end of this training with no band score lower than 6.
- Students must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
- Students must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
- Students must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda and Zambia can apply the scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered for two years.
What does it cover? For holders of an Australia Awards Scholarship, entitlements include the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters award. An economy class flight to and from Australia is provided and an AUD 31,000 per annum stipend to cover living expenses whilst on award in Australia. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also provided to cover Awardee’s basic medical costs. A one off Establishment Allowance of AUD 5,000 is payable to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing your course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items etc.). Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare to allow them to travel home midway through the course, but this is only available to Awardees whose course is for 2 years or longer.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 13th December 2013.