Nitori International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships for foreign students at Japanese Universities in Japan. Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate regular students currently enrolled in their third or fourth year and graduate students currently enrolled in the first or second academic year of a master course as of April, 2014. Scholarship is worth of 110,000 yen per month. (Some students who are in high ranks of selection, can receive 150,000 yen per month). The application deadline is December, 22, 2013.
Study Subject (s): Scholarships are provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Japanese Universities.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate degree level at Japanese Universities.
Scholarship Provider: Nitori International Scholarship Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Japan
- A student from over the world, non-Japanese nationality and studies in Japan at his/her own expense. (As of 2014/4/1)
- A student who stays in Japan when he/she applies for NISF.
- A student is enrolled in a Japanese university as an undergraduate or a graduate student, and an undergraduate student is in their third or fourth academic year, and a graduate student is in the first or second academic year as of April, 2014.
- A student who needs financial aid to keep studying in Japan.
- A student who has good enough health to pursue studies in Japan, excellent academic record, good personality.
- A student who has good communication skill in Japanese.
- A student who has the strong will to contribute to international understanding and mutual friendship.
- A student who is able to attend scholarship students annual gathering held by NISF (scheduled to be held twice a year).
- A student who does not receive any sort of scholarship or subsidy for researcher from the other third parties while receiving the scholarship from NISF (Note that the student who simultaneously receives other scholarships is disqualified for the NISF scholarship recipient.)
- A student who works part-time job in Japan for his/her financial reason to keep his/her study.
- A student who can participate in NISF alumni activities as alumnus, even if his/her NISF scholarship is expired.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students (non-Japanese) can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship Description: Nitori International Scholarship Foundation aids foreign students from around the world and Japanese students with principles and outstanding academic achievements but who have difficulty pursuing studies due to financial reasons by providing them with scholarships and residential facilities, while contributing to the mutual friendship with each country and cultivate the human resources.
Number of award(s): Around 50 students will be new-accepted.
Duration of award(s): As a basic rule, the scholarship will be guaranteed from April 2014 until the final year of the enrolled academic course, maximum two years (Exception: when a recipient repeat a year in Japanese university, he/she is disqualified for the further scholarship).
What does it cover? Scholarship is worth of 110,000 yen per month. (Some students who are in high ranks of selection, can receive 150,000 yen per month).
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Successful candidates and their universities will be notified the result in early April, 2014 (tentative schedule).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is December, 22, 2013. (Note that NISF may close the applications earlier it gets a lot of applicants).