University of De Liege is offering research grant for those foreign doctoral students who are already enrolled for a doctorate in a university abroad, or for those who will prepare their doctoral project. Grants are awarded for maximum 12 months, as part of doctoral thesis preparation. These grants may be broken down into a maximum of four stays of a minimum of two months. The grant will cover monthly allowance of €625 or €1.200, flat rate for round trip from the country the parent institution to Belgium. Application should be submitted till December 15, 2013.
Study Subject (s): Grant is awarded for the preparation of doctoral project in student’s studies programme.
Course Level: Grant is available for 12 months doctoral project at University of De Liege in Belgium.
Scholarship Provider: University of De Liege (ULG), Belgium
Scholarship can be taken at: Belgium
- The applicant must not have been graduated from ULg (1st or 2nd cycle), nor have been in Liège as « stagiaire » for more than 6 months. At the end of his/her stay, the applicant will have to provide the proof of his search for financial support for his/her PhD studies (i.e., application to FRESH, FRIA, FNRS or NON FRIA_ULg), if the supervisor considers he/she will be able to develop his/her doctoral project.
- Applicants who are already enrolled at ULg as PhD/Doctoral students are not eligible.
- Applicants will be invited to enroll as stagiaire, or enroll to the doctoral educational programme (formation doctorale) if they have the required level. The duration of the stay is 12 months and may not be broken down.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Foreign students can apply for the grant.
Scholarship Description: Research grants for foreign doctoral students are intended for those already enrolled for a doctorate in a university abroad, or for those who will prepare their doctoral project. Their stay in Liège should offer them an experience of international mobility. These grants are not intended to support finalization of thesis (i.e., last year of PhD or writing the thesis). They may not be offered to applications who have already had a status of employee with social security nor to those who could lose the access to social security due to their previous status.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Grants are awarded for maximum 12 months, as part of doctoral thesis preparation. These grants may be broken down into a maximum of four stays of a minimum of two months.
What does it cover? The grant will cover monthly allowance of €625 or €1.200, flat rate for round trip from the country the parent institution to Belgium.
Selection Criteria: Quality of the applicant;
- Quality of the mobility project (structure, programme) and how it fits into the doctoral research project or its definition;
- Quality of the facilities offered by the host (availability of necessary resources) and the added value that the host facility can offer the doctoral student.
Notification: The successful applicants will be informed by mail during the 2nd half of January 2014. Their response (whether they are accepting the grant or not) will be expected by January 31st, 2014. If their decision is not received by February 1st, 2014, the grant will be withdrawn and offered to the next applicant on the ranked list.
How to Apply: Application forms and annexes must be submitted together by mail to the secretary of the ARD (Administration R&D, veronique.dubuy-at-ulg.ac.be).
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 15, 2013.