Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund offers US/Canada Grants for Female Students from Developing Countries who are Currently Studying in the United States or Canada 2013-2014
Study Subject(s): Courses offered by the university.
Course Level: This scholarship is to pursuing graduate level.
Scholarship Provider: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
Scholarship can be taken at: USA and Canada
Woman is eligible to apply for an MMMF grant if she meets all the following criteria:
- has a record of service to women and children and a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries
- resides in the U.S. or Canada at the time she submits the application
- is enrolled (in residence) at an accredited U.S. or Canadian educational institution for the academic year 2012-2013, and intends to be enrolled for the 2013-2014 academic year
- will use the grant toward the completion of her degree
- is a national of a lower or middle income developing member country, as designated by the MMMF Country Eligibility List
- is not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, permanent U.S. resident or Canadian Landed Immigrant
- intends to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing use of the MMMF grant and perform at least two years of service
- demonstrates financial need and satisfactory academic performance
- is at least 25 years old by December 31, 2012
- is not related to a World Bank Group staff member or his/her spouse.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries:
Students of lower or middle income developing member country can apply for this scholarship.
For students from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada, the MMMF awards grants of approximately $12,000 each; grants are not renewable. The MMMF also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
What does it cover? Approximately $12,000 each
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your applications till January 9th, 2013.