The Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme for Outstanding Postgraduate Students from Transition and Emerging Economies Throughout Africa, Asia and South America at University of Oxford in UK.
Subjects are Anthropology, Area Studies, Chemistry – Organic Chemistry, Computer Science, Development Studies, Earth Science, Ecological Survey Techniques, Economics, Engineering Science, Geography and the Environment, Politics and International Relations, Interdisciplinary Bio science, Law, Management Studies, Materials, Oxford Internet Institute, Pharmacology, Plant Sciences, Public Health, Public Policy, Social Policy and Intervention and Statistics.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing graduate degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Louis Dreyfus Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- Candidates should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford. They should also be intending to return to their countries or regions of origin once their courses are completed.
- Please ensure you meet the requirements for entry to your course, including the necessary English language qualifications. See the Course Guide for more information.
- Eligible candidates must hold an undergraduate degree and be an ordinary resident of a country in Africa, Asia or South America. The Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers within the agro-business sector with a focus on improving food security and sustainability. Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of Africa, Asia or South America can apply for this scholarship.
The Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme Scheme supports outstanding postgraduate students from transition and emerging economies throughout Africa, Asia and South America.Hunger and malnutrition are the number one risks to health worldwide. It is for this reason the Louis Dreyfus Foundation has been created. Its mission is to support initiatives that improve nutrition and food security in developing regions. Through education, research and other means the Foundation hopes to enhance people’s lives and create a more sustainable planet. The Louis Dreyfus Foundation is participating in various initiatives to support this mission, among them there is the Louis Dreyfus – Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme.
Number of awards offered: Up to 20 scholarships are offered.
Duration of award: Period of fee liability (usually the same length as the course)
What does it cover?
- 100% of university and college fees, and a grant for living costs (the rate in 2012-13 was £13,590).
- Awards are made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course. If your scholarship is offered for a course lasting more than one year, the continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to review based on satisfactory academic progress.
Notification: Successful candidates will be notified by email in May 2013.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your applications till 04 January or 18 January 2013 depending on your course.