German Companies funded Training Program in German Language for Sub-Saharan African Students in Kenya and Germany 2013-2015
Study Subject(s): Study subject is German language
Course Level: This scholarship is available to pursue training program.
Scholarship Provider: The programme is financed by the participating German companies.
Scholarship can be taken at: Kenya and Germany
University degree in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Sales, Marketing Engineering, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering or Agronomy
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Two to five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Intercultural competencies, open to new experiences abroad and willing to learn German.
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of Sub-Saharan Africa can apply for this scholarship.
Afrika Kommt! (“Africa is coming”) is an initiative of leading German DAX-listed enterprises and large family-run companies in Germany for future leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa. The scholarship programme aims at highly qualified young professionals and junior executives from countries in Sub-Saharan Africa with several years of work experience, strong leadership qualities and a high level of commitment and dedication. At the heart of the programme is a nine-month practical training in a leading German enterprise, allowing the participants
- to gain first-hand practical experience in a leading German enterprise
- to be exposed to leadership concepts and management techniques in practice
- to become acquainted with working processes and business culture in German enterprises
- to extend their international management competencies
- to initiate networks of cooperation between Sub-Saharan Africa and German companies.
What does it cover?
The programme is financed by the participating German companies and covers:
- Intensive German language courses (face-to-face) in Africa and in Germany including fees, travelling, accommodation and living allowance
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany
- Living allowance of € 720,- per month
- Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany
- Health insurance, accident insurance and liability insurance
- Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- International management training courses
- Study tour and weekend seminars in Germany as well as cultural activities
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into the home countries
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Germany as well as travel and accommodation during the refresher course.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications can be submitted until 15 December 2012.