The Japan Foundation funded Master’s Scholarships for Developing Countries Students in the field of Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace at United Nations University ISP in Japan 2013
Study Subject(s): Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace (Global Change and Sustainability, Peace and Security and International Cooperation and Development).
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
Scholarship Provider: The Japan Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Japan
- Those who expect to graduate and have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent conferred before enrollment may also apply.
- Suitable candidates must have demonstrated a passion for the study of energy.
- A particular interest and career aspiration in at least one of the following thematic areas: Global Change and Sustainability Peace and Security International Cooperation and Development
- English language proficiency The minimum score requirements for English language qualifications required by UNU-ISP are:
600 in TOEFL – Paper-Based Testing (PBT)
100 in TOEFL – Internet-Based Testing (iBT)
7.0 in IELTS – Academic format
Scholarship Open for International Students: This Scholarship is open for developing countries students.
Scholarship Description: The scholarships and assistantships available from UNU-ISP are very limited. Only highly qualified candidates from developing countries who can demonstrate the need for financial assistance will be considered for UNU-ISP financial support.
Duration of award(s): This Scholarship is offered for two year.
What does it cover? The Value of the scholarship is 10,000 USD per year. Estimated total expenses for the master’s degree programme for 2 years including tuition are 6,041,800 JPY or approximately 75,438 USD. Applicants must show financial resources adequate to meet the full costs of educational and living expenses. The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
Selection Criteria: The Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
Notification: After the application deadline, the process of reviewing applications and making admission decisions will take approximately 6-8 weeks -30 April 2013.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- First selection deadline is 28 February 2013
- Final selection deadline is 30 April 2013.