Chalmers Foundation funded Avancez Scholarships for Masters Students from Non-EU/EEA Countries at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden
Study Subject(s): The field(s) of study to which the scholarships will be awarded is determined annually by the University President. For the academic year 2012/13 the field of study is unrestricted, but it will be distributed according to targeted areas of education determined by the university management, based on the total number of applicants per each area of education from previous academic year.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Chalmers Foundation.
Scholarship can be taken at: Sweden
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish University education.
- 1st year Master’s Programme applicants.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of non-EU/EEA countries can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation and these are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The exact number of scholarships is yet to be decided by the Chalmers Foundation.
Duration of award: Scholarship is offered for 4 semesters/2 year programme.
What does it cover?
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
Selection criteria: The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university´s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master´s programmes.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your applications till 15 January 2013.