Graduate Scholarships in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and marine industry related fields are offered by Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers. These scholarships are open to Open to U.S. Canadian and International applicants. North American applicants who are applying must study in approved institutions in the US, Canada or abroad while non-US/Canadian graduate applicants must study in approved US or Canadian schools.
Study Subject(s): Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering and Marine Industry related fields.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing graduate degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
- Open to U.S., Canadian and International applicants who are members of SNAME, or another recognized marine society.
- Society membership required one year prior to application
- Awards are made for one year of study leading to a Master’s Degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering or in fields directly related to the marine industry.
- Applicants must not receive their Masters Degree prior to September 1st of the year in which they are applying for their scholarship
- Graduate scholarships are awarded to an individual only once.
- Application may be obtained by written request to the attention of the Chairman, Scholarships Committee, at the Society’s address.
- Applicants are “required” to provide GRE scores regardless of graduate school admission requirements.
- The Scholarships Committee must receive application prior to February 1st with all supporting data by February 15th for review by the Scholarships Committee.
- Selection in April based upon recommendations of Scholarships Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.
Scholarship Open for International Students: This Scholarship is open for USA, Canadian and international Students.
Scholarship Description: The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers’s Graduate Scholarships Program bestows multiple scholarships in honor of living and deceased SNAME Members. Applicants use a single application to apply for all scholarships within the program. Since its inception in 1933, the SNAME Graduate Scholarship Program has awarded millions of dollars of scholarship awards to students in the naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering and marine industry related fields.
Number of awards offered: At least 6 awards are made annually.
Selection criteria: Selection in April based upon recommendations of Scholarships Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The Scholarships Committee must receive application prior to February 1st with all supporting data by February 15th for review by the Scholarships Committee.