The Helmholtz Graduate School is offering PhD Programme for International students at Max-Delbrück-Centrum für Molekulare Medizin (MDC). It currently supports 350 PhD students of which one third is from abroad (International students). The research will be conducted in the areas of Cardiovascular & Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology & Immunology, Neurobiology, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology in Germany . The applicants must hold a university degree equivalent to a German Diploma or MSc with research thesis. He/she must have a good command over English. The application closes on February 15, 2013.
Study Subject(s): The research will be conducted in the areas of Cardiovascular & Metabolic Research, Cancer Biology & Immunology, Neurobiology, Developmental Biology, Medical Systems Biology, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree.
Scholarship Provider: Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Freie Universität Berlin and Charité Berlin medical faculty
Scholarship can be taken at: Germany
- Applicants are required to hold (or obtain within 6 months of the interview week) a university degree equivalent to a German Diploma (score at least ‘Gut’,or MSc (75%) with research thesis.
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
- A provisional certificate from the University, stating the examination marks already obtained, should be provided. Language skills
- Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English.
- German language skills are not required, but international students will be offered German language courses at the MDC.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Helmholtz Graduate School “Molecular Cell Biology” is a collaboration between the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) and the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (HU), Freie Universität Berlin and Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin medical faculty. The university offers alongside outstanding research training, an interdisciplinary platform for structured PhD training to all doctoral students at the MDC. The graduate school currently supports 350 PhD students, one third of whom come from abroad. The programme combines academic research, education and training from accomplished professors and researchers, access to high-end technology and collaborations, all within the campus. Research training is supplemented with teaching lectures in the main research areas, methods workshops, introductions to new technologies, soft-skills courses and opportunities for career development to foster the personal and scientific development of our students.
Notification: They will inform you within 5 weeks of the application deadline whether you are invited for interviews to Berlin.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications deadline is February 15, 2013.