VLIR-UOS offering ten PhD scholarships to excellent graduates from a developing country who have studied in a VLIR-UOS Master’s programme (ICP) in Flanders and wish to make a PhD at a Flemish university. ICP-PhD scholarship is a sandwich scholarship for the applicants to conduct research at foreign institution and Belgium university. A full ICP PhD scholarship consists of two consecutive two-year terms and cannot be extended. The notification will be announced at Late June 2013. The application deadlines for universities are 15 February 2013 and 25 February 2013. However, the submission deadline for all PhD application is 15 March 2013.
Study Subject(s): Any of the courses offered by the universities.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
Scholarship Provider: VLIR-UOS
Scholarship can be taken at: Belgium and host country
- You should be a national and resident of a developing country of the VLIR-UOS-country list that was applicable in the year you started your ICP studies (see VLIR-UOS website) or be on the 54 list currently used for scholarships.
- You should already have obtained your ICP Master’s degree when you submit the application, or should obtain it in the reference year, i.c. 2013.
- The programme is not limited to those graduates who have already been granted an ICP scholarship of VLIR-UOS. -Students from developing countries (see country lists on our website) who followed a VLIR-UOS funded Master at a Flemish University (ICP) by their own means or with another scholarship are also welcome to apply.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of developing country can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: A PhD scholarship in Belgium is fiscally limited to 4 years. You mustn’t have received any PhD scholarship in the past. You must also provide a document from the Belgian university/-ies where you were or are still registered, proving you are entitled to be registered as PhD student for 4 years from 1 October of the reference year onwards.
Number of awards offered: 10 Scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): A full ICP PhD scholarship consists of two consecutive two-year terms and cannot be extended.
What does it cover? Not Known
- Academic curriculum (past grades are considered less important than a balanced research proposal);
- Research capacity or potential (past publications are considered less important than a balanced research proposal);
- Knowledge of and experience with the subject of the research proposal;
- Language skills relevant to or necessary for the research.
- Additional relevant abilities and skills.
Notification: Students will be notified by late June 2013.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your applications till 15 February 2013, 25 February 2013, Deadline for submission of all PhD application files for the respective university to VLIR-UOS-15 March 2013.