Malaysian Government is offering the Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) to study at public and private universities in Malaysia. The International students can apply for this scholarship. Students must not be more than 40 years of age. These scholarships are offered for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies. English proficiency test is required. The scholarship covers airfare, tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, medical / health insurance and other expenses. Selection will be based on academic achievement, research proposal, and excellent writing and reading English skill. Students can apply online.
Study Subject(s): Study areas are: Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
* Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above.
Course Level: This scholarship is for pursuing Postgraduate and Postdoctoral degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Malaysian Government
Scholarship can be taken at: Malaysia
Eligibility: To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:
- Not be more than 40 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required: 1.IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or 2.TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only).
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad. Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities. This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? Each scholarship consists of: Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical / Health Insurance, installation and Termination grant, thesis allowance and visa.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be considered according to high-level academic achievement, the quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being and also excellent communication, writing and reading skills in english language.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. All applications should be made through Ministry of Higher Education’s website at https://payloan.mohe.gov.my/INTER/. Application procedures as follows:
- REGISTER Applicantsr Passport Number or National Identication Number, password and email address.
- LOG IN to online application form and fill in all section completely.
- Please ensure all informations are correct before Applicants print the application and logout.
- Please attach printed application form together with the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Completed Medical Report. [download]
- A certified copy of current passport showing evidence of citizenship.
- A certified copy of academic transcript, testimonials and/or references relating to the relevant study, co-curriculum activities, achievements.
- A clear and precise study or research plan
- A certified copy of English Language proficiency certificate (Test of English as a Foreign Language/TOEFL or International English Language Testing Service/IELTS)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission letter from Malaysian University.
- Two letters of recommendation from two (2) people who can act as referees to support Applicantsr application. [download]
- Endorsement Form. [download]
- Applicants are required to complete the two Letters of Recommendation from two referees, Endorsement Form and Medical Report. Please bring printed ONLINE application form and required documents to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the relevant agency responsible for the MIS scholarship in Applicantsr country to get the endorsement.
- Scan all documents stated above in PDF format and LOGIN to MIS Online Application. [How to convert documents to PDF format]
- Applicants are required to attach the documents and click SUBMIT button to submit the application. Applicants will see the notification message when the process is done. All the application is fully online. No hard copy is required. Bring the hard copy of application form and original certificate during the interview session.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application closing date is 31st March 2013.