The School of Modern
Study Subject(s): Courses offered by the School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures of Royal Holloway, University of London
Course Level: Scholarship is open for pursuing PhD degree.
Scholarship Provider: Royal Holloway, University of London
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Eligibility: Entry requirements are usually a first class honours or 2:1 degree from an approved UK or overseas university. Overseas students must also meet the requirements for English language (IELTS or TOEFL). Specific requirements for the application may vary, depending on the school or department applicants are applying to.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Home/EU students can apply for the scholarship. International students can apply for overseas student fee waiver.
Scholarship Description: The School of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures, Royal Holloway, University of London, is pleased to announce funding opportunities for doctoral study. As a renowned world-class institution, Royal Holloway is committed to supporting and developing the next generation of researchers. They recognize that funding is often an obstacle for talented students and for this reason they have Royal Holloway Scholarships worth £4m available to research students starting in 2013. Scholarships take the form of a fee waiver or maintenance award or a combination of both, so if applicants are enthusiastic about pursuing a research degree but are concerned about how to finance it, a Royal Holloway Scholarship can lighten the load. Royal Holloway scholarships are listed below:
- Reid Scholarship
- Crossland Scholarship
- College Research Scholarship
- Overseas student fee waiver.
Number of award(s):
- Reid Scholarship: 26 available
- Crossland Scholarship: 45 available
- College Research Scholarship: 10 available
- Overseas student fee waiver: 10 available.
Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for up to 3 years (full time) or 6 years (part time).
What does it cover?
- Reid Scholarship: A Home/EU tuition fee waiver and a maintenance award of £15,726 per annum for up to 3 years (full time) or £7,863 for up to 6 years (part time).
- Crossland Scholarship: A maintenance award of £5,000 per annum for up to 3 years (full time) or £2,500 for up to 6 years (part time) and/or a Home/EU fee waiver.
- College Research Scholarship: A Home/EU tuition fee waiver for up to 3 years (full time) or 6 years (part time)
- Overseas student fee waiver: Offers up to £13,170 towards overseas tuition fees per annum for up to 3 years (full time) or 6 years (part time).
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence who will commence a doctoral course full or part-time during the academic year 2013-2014.
How to Apply: Please contact the Director of Graduate Studies in the relevant academic department.
Note: Further information about any of these funding opportunities or the range of expertise on offer in the School can be obtained by consulting the website (http:/
Scholarship Application Deadline: For Crossland Scholarship and College Research Scholarship the application deadline is 6th March 2013. For Reid Scholarship the deadline is 31st March 2013.