LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea at Chonbuk National University is a joint venture program with the Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA. It invites application for a research project related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies and optical fiber sensors technologies to the nondestructive test and evaluation (NDT&E), and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of important engineering structures. This project is available for international graduate and post doctorate students. The project will provide KRW 1,000,000 for master course, KRW 1,250,000 for PhD course and minimum KRW 2,500,000 for postdoctoral program. Application due dates for graduate course is 31st March 2013 and for postdoctoral 15th February 2013.
Study Subject(s): The project area includes Electrical & electronics, Mechatronics, Aerospace, or Aeronautics engineering.
Course Level: This project is available for pursuing graduate study and postdoctoral program.
Scholarship Provider: LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea
Scholarship can be taken at: South Korea
- Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system, Wireless sensor network, Programming (C, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Mechanical engineering and/or Materials background.
- Minimum English requirement: PBT 590, CBT 240, iBT 95, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 700.
- Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply.
Scholarship Description: Institute proudly announces the launch of LANL-CBNU Engineering Institute Korea, a joint venture program of their lab with the Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA. Therefore, they need some dedicated graduate students and postdocs as the backbone of the program. Their projects are related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies and optical fiber sensors technologies to the nondestructive test and evaluation (NDT&E), and Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircrafts. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields. All the projects are applications based with supports from the industries or government, and have great potential to be commercialized. If applicants are highly motivated, Institute wants to invite them to join their research team.
What does it cover?
- Starting monthly pay KRW 1,000,000 for master course; KRW 1,250,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction); minimum KRW 2,500,000 (before tax deduction) for postdoc.
- Increment depending on research achievement, e.g. KRW 1,750,000 for a present PhD student in the 3rd year.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc.
How to Apply: Required documents:
Detailled resume with recent photo, copy of certificates and English result, one A4 page statement-of purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons of application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
- For the post-doctorate applicant, the minimum workable period should be addressed in CV
- Send application or enquiry to ANDEatSSL2@gmail.com
- Please download the following template http://ssl.chonbuk.ac.kr/form/Form%20template.xls, and send along with your other required documents.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Application due dates for graduate course: 31st March 2013, for postdoctoral: 15th February 2013.