MWALIMU NYERERE AFRICAN UNION SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
AFRICA-INDIA FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
THE CALL FOR 2013
The Mwalimu Nyerere African Union Scholarship Scheme (MNAUSS) has received
support under the Africa-India strategic partnership for some special scholarships in the field of Agriculture for Africans working in African institutions of higher learning and research. The Africa-India Capacity Building Scholarship Programme comprises:
- Capacity Building Masters Degree Scholarship
- Special University Lecturers PhD Fellowship Programme
The Commission of the African Union is pleased to announce the 2013 Call for the
Africa-India Fellowship Programme, tenable in reputable Indian Universities.
Note that the academic session commences in July 2013.
To be eligible for the Africa-India Fellowship Programme, a candidate must:
- Be a National/Citizen of an African Union Member State
- Have good knowledge of English
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts.
- Have at least two (2) years post-graduation work experience
- Be willing to commit to work in an African Union Member State on completion of study for at least three (3) years.
An applicant for Master’s Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be under the age of thirty five (35) years.
- Be a holder of a four year Bachelor’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture, at least Upper Second Class Honours.
An applicant for PhD Programme must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be under the age of forty five (45) years.
- Be a holder of a high quality Master’s Degree in respective field of Agriculture.
Duration of Course
The Master’s programme is of two years whereas the Ph.D. is a three year programme.
No fellowship will be provided for any extended period to complete the degree due to
THE FELLOWSHIP AMOUNT
A fellowship will be awarded
- for two years, 12,000 Indian Rupees per month (for Master’s programme)
- for three years, 15,000 Indian Rupees per month (for doctoral programme)
All expenditure towards tuition fee, hostel fee, mess, medical, contingency and travel
within country etc. during the course will be borne by the student utilizing the fellowship amount.
The cost of air ticket and visa will be paid through the Indian Mission in the respective
Facilities: All the agricultural universities have residential requirements and students
have to stay in the hostels. All foreign students are provided accommodation in the
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should complete the Application Form in PDF format as well as the EXCEL Applicants’ Data Sheet, which are available on the Africa Union web-site. www.au.int/nyerere or here.
The applicants should submit their formal application (in English only) and include the following:
- Application letter.
- A recent passport-size photograph
- Summarized CV indicating date of birth, nationality, work experience, and names and contacts of three referees.
- Certified copies of university diplomas/degrees.
- Photocopies of academic transcripts.
- Certified copies of the syllabus of courses covered in university/college attended
- Brief description of applicant’s research project proposal with a maximum of 1000 words (only for PhD Candidates).
- Two (2) Reference Letters with contact addresses.
- Photo-copy of the Data-Page of their Travel Passport.
Three (3) sets of hard copies of the above documents must be sent by post to the
Mwalimu Nyerere Scholarship programme,
African Union Commission,
P.O. Box 3243,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
In addition applicants must scan and produce electronic copies of all the above
documents (convert to PDF format) along with the Application Form and EXCEL
Applicants’ Data Sheet; and send to the following e-mail addresses.
firstname.lastname@example.org copied to OlgaA@africa-union.org and Eltahirn@africa-union.org
- Candidates are to note that communication in Indian Universities is in the English Language. Certificate of Proficiency in English Language will be required from short listed candidate
- Certified copies of all documents should be accompanied with English translations.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have already secured admissions to Indian Universities. However, candidates who have not yet secured admissions would be placed in available universities in India.
- Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness will be required from short listed candidates
CLOSING DATE: 28th February 2013