University of Hertfordshire offers Chancellor’s International Scholarships for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degree level. Overseas students can apply for this scholarship. 130 achievement-based partial scholarships are offered. Total offer is of £2,000 each. Candidates must be eligible to pay the University’s full -time overseas tuition fee. The Chancellor’s International Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. The scholarship is available for all new full-time students who have been assessed as overseas for fee purposes and who have been issued an offer to study at the University of Hertfordshire. The application deadline is 26th July 2013.
Study Subject(s): Courses offered by the university.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree level.
Scholarship Provider: University of Hertfordshire
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
- The scholarship is available for all new full-time students who have been assessed as overseas for fee purposes and who have been issued an offer to study at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Current undergraduate University of Hertfordshire students studying on-campus and who have completed part of their degree are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have completed a University of Hertfordshire degree and are applying for postgraduate study at the University are eligible to apply.
- Students are not eligible for the Scholarship if they are applying to study any of the following courses: PhD, Pre-sessional English, English for Academic Studies, International Pre-Masters, Graduate Certificate in Business and Pre-LLM.
- Students applying for the International Foundation Programme may apply for the Scholarship providing they have obtained high grades in high school study and met the Scholarship English language requirement.
- Students who are studying on a University of Hertfordshire degree at an overseas partner are eligible to apply for the Scholarship at the point of transfer to the University in the UK, during their first year of on-campus study only.
- Students who are studying at our partner college Hertfordshire International College (HIC) are eligible to apply for the Scholarship following completion of their studies with HIC.
- Candidates will be assessed on a competitive basis against the scholarship award criteria. There is no guarantee that students who meet the minimum requirements set out in the criteria will be successful in the overall competition.
- Scholarships will be awarded at registration as a fee deduction of £2,000 from the first year tuition fee. The scholarship is not available for subsequent years.
- The Chancellor’s International Scholarship can be held in addition to the Graduate Scholarship and, if paying in full at registration, the £500 reduction for full payment.
- Candidates will be required to meet all conditions of registration before the Scholarship is awarded.
- The Scholarship is non-transferable. Applicants who choose to defer their place or change their programme of study will be required to re-submit their application.
- Candidates holding a conditional offer who do not meet the conditions of their offer of a place, or of their offer of a scholarship, will forfeit the award.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and there is no right to appeal. The University will not enter into individual correspondence with applicants during the selection process.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Overseas students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The University of Hertfordshire is an ambitious and entrepreneurial University with an international vision, putting students at the heart of what we do. A key aspect of the University’s mission is to prepare students for the global economy and to enhance international and multicultural understanding within the University and beyond. In support of this mission, the University of Hertfordshire will offer 130 achievement-based partial international scholarships, worth £2,000 each. These scholarships, known as the Chancellor’s International Scholarships, are designed to support our international community and to ensure that the University continues to attract the most talented students from across the world.
Number of award(s): 130 achievement-based partial scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Scholarships will be awarded at registration as a fee deduction of £2,000 from the first year tuition fee. The scholarship is not available for subsequent years.
What does it cover? Total offer is of £2,000 each.
Other Benefits: Not Known
Selection criteria: The Chancellor’s International Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement.
Notification: Results will be communicated two weeks after the application deadline.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 26th July 2013.