The Business Department at Charles III University of Madrid (Universidad Carlos III) is offering 15 international scholarships for master and PhD program in management and quantitative methods, either in the finance track or management track. The scholarship provides approximately 14,000 euros (before taxes) for two years which may be extended up to three years at most, if renewed. The application deadline is April 22, 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are offered to qualified students to take part in the PhD/Master in Management and Quantitative Methods, either in the Finance track or Management track.
Course Level: The Business Department is offering scholarships to qualified students to take part in the PhD/Master program at Charles III University of Madrid, Spain.
Scholarship Provider: The Business Department at Charles III University of Madrid, Spain
Scholarship can be taken at: Spain
- In general, admission requirements to the program entail possession of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, with quantitative training in the field of economics or business administration. Graduates with quantitative foundation (statistics, mathematics, engineering, etc) will also be considered.
- Access is also open, under the same requirements, to students in possession of a degree obtained under foreign educational systems, after verification by the university, that the degree accredits a level of education in the issuing country equivalent to that of the official Spanish bachelor’s degree, and gives access to master studies.
- Candidates must certify a minimum score in any of the following tests that are standard parameters for most of the prestigious international universities: TOEFL: 550 (Paper Based Test), TOEFL: 210 (Computer Based Test), TOEFL: 80 (Internet Based Test), IELTS: 6.0. Presentation of CPE (Certificate of Proficiency English) or CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) will also be accepted as a proof of English proficiency. In rare cases, a test conducted by the Language Laboratory of the Universidad Carlos III itself can be taken into account.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Business Department at Charles III University of Madrid is requesting applications for its Master in Business Administration and Quantitative Methods. The objective of the scholarships is to prepare highly qualified and motivated students to carry out original research in the fields of finance and management with a thorough preparation in empirical methods and statistics.
Number of award(s): The department is offering 15 scholarships to qualified students.
Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for 2 years. Scholarships, if renewed, may cover an additional period of up to three years at most.
What does it cover? Selected candidates receive a yearly scholarship of approximately 14,000 euros (before taxes) for two years. This scholarship is renewable for students that are accepted into the PhD program. Renewals will be made individually and conditional on the student’s academic and research performance. Scholarships, if renewed, may cover an additional period of up to three years at most. Scholarship recipients are required to act as Teaching Assistants in those subjects and degrees in which the Department is involved.
How to Apply: To apply applicants will need the following documentation:
- Application form
- Two letters of reference (model form). Letters of reference must be sent directly by the authors to the following email address: email@example.com. Note, that we will NOT accept letters of reference sent by applicants directly
- Certificate of grades received by the applicant as an undergraduate (and any postgraduate courses if applicable). Certificates must be stamped by the university and be in English or Spanish.
- Degree. If the applicant has not completed his/her degree, the applicant will obtain a certificate stamped by the university with the EXPECTED completion date.
- TOEFL exam grades or equivalent. For additional information please visit site
- Motivation letter
- Results from the GRE or GMAT (highly recommended).
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 22, 2013.