Each year, the Indonesian Government offers scholarships for master’s degree program in one of 13 prominent universities in Indonesia. These government scholarships are open for the students of developing countries. The scholarship is offered for a maximum of 36 months period of study. The scholarship provides settlement allowance of Rp. 1.000.000, living allowance of Rp. 1.650.000 per month, monthly allowance, health insurance and a round-trip international airfare. The application process must be completed no later than end of April.
Study Subject: The scholarship is offered for on study Master Degree programs programs in: (Bea advised that not every university offers the following fields of study)
Humanities: Literary studies, Linguistic, History, Philosophy, Anthropology and Cultural studies
Engineering: Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Civil Engineering , Informatics Engineering , Architectural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Naval Architect & Marine Eng. And Mechanical Engineering
Social Sciences: Public Administration , Communication & Media Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, Accounting, Management, Law, Economics/Development Study and Community Enpowerment
Multi-Disciplinary Studies: Performing Arts & Arts Studies, Tourism Studies, Comparative Religious Studies and Bio Technology
Education: Indonesian Education , Applied Linguistic, Educational Science, History Education, Social Science Education, Instructional Education, Natural Science Education, Educational Management, Primary School Teacher Education, Educational Research & Evaluation, Out of School Education/ Informal and Vocational & Technological Education
Sciences: Biology, Statistics, Physics, Environmental Sciences, Geography , Public Health, Chemistry, Sport Sciences, Remote Sensing, Pharmacy Studies, Computer, Nursing and Mathematics
Agricultural Sciences: Plant Pathology, Veterinary Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Soil Sciences, Marine Science, Forestry, Fisheries, Entomology, Animal Science, Agricultural Economics, Estate Crop Product Technology and Food Science & Technology.
Course Level: In 2013 the scholarship is provided for foreign students to do their Master Degree programs in one of 13 prominent universities in Indonesia.
Scholarship Provider: Indonesian Government
Scholarship can be taken at: Indonesia
- Maximum age is 35 year old;
- Possess a bachelor degree;
- Not a Master Degree Holder;
- Have a TOEFL score of 500 or equivalent;
- Complete the on-line application form;
- He/she must be recommended by the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- He/she must be in a good health proved by an official medical statement from authorized medical practitioner;
- Prior to the departure to Indonesia, the successful candidates will be required to sign a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: The students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia, Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, São Tomé and Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Lao PDR, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Côte d’Ivoire, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Syrian Arab Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, FYR, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro, Uruguay) can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The 10th Conference of Heads of States of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries commenced in Bandung from 1st – 6th September 1992 concluded, among others, the idea of scholarships provided by the Ministry of Education and Culture. In 1993 the Government of the Republik of Indonesia started offering postgraduate (master degree) scholarship to students from the NAM member countries. Since 2002, after the cold war ended, the program had beed offered not only to the NAM member countries, but also to the developing countries such as Thailand, Fiji, South Korea, Suriname, Guyana, Turkey, Vietnam, and Vanuatu. In fact, this program has attracted more applicants, and by 2012, 597 students from 49 countries had been awarded this scholarship. Due to the international political escalation, the use of the term “NAM” was considered irrelevant. Therefore, the program had been changed to Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Countries Partnership program on Scholarship.
The objectives of the scholarship are:
- Promoting deeper cultural understanding among developing countries;
- Strengthening the relationship and mutual cooperation among the participating countries;
- Contributing to the development of human resource quality.
Duration of award(s): The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 36 months period of study (in case of early program completion, the scholarship will be stopped soon after the student set off for their home country).
Period of Study:
Indonesian Language: 8 months
Master Preparatory Programs: 4 months
Master Programs: 24 months (4 semesters).
What does it cover? The KNB scholarship will be covering:
- Settlement Allowance of Rp. 1.000.000;
- will be given upon arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will receive Rp. 1.650.000;
- per month (living allowance only);
- During their Master Program, the students will receive monthly allowances as follows:
(1) Living allowance = Rp. 1.650.000
(2) Research allowance = Rp. 400.000
(3) Books allowance = Rp. 350.000
- The scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 36 months period of study (in case of early program completion, the scholarship will be stopped soon after the student set off for their home country);
- A health insurance with a maximum of Rp. 200.000 monthly premi (in case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transportation to the host university;
Note: Other expenses beside those mentioned above will be borne by the students.
Notification: Selection will be conducted on 1st week of May;
- The selection result will be announced on 1st week of June;
- The students should have arrived in Jakarta by the end of August;
- Orientation will be organized in September;
- The Indonesian language course will be starting in early September.
How to Apply:
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country;
- Nomination letter from the respective government official;
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 2 years;
- Scanned Medical Statement.
- Download Invitation letter from the KNB Scholarship website www.knb.dikti.go.id;
- Bring the Invitation letter, Passport of Birth Certificate, Academic Certificate and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process www.knb.ditkti.go.id;
- The selection process will be conducted based on online application data;
- The selection results will be published in the KNB Scholarship Website www.knb.dikti.go.id and through the Indonesian Embassy publication channel.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application process must be completed no later than end of April.