Ministry of Education of P. R. China is offering Chinese Government Special Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program for international students. These government scholarships are offered to pursue master’s and doctoral degree at Chinese HEIs. Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application The scholarship is awarded up to 2-3 academic years for master’s degree students and up to 3-4 academic years for doctoral degree students. Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the Chinese HEIs undertaking this program before March 31st 2013.
Study Subject(s): The scholarship is offered to pursue any course offered by the Chinese HEIs.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s and doctoral degree at Chinese HEIs.
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
Scholarship can be taken at: China
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application (or at least one year after graduation in China)
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The non-Chinese citizens can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: Degree Program in Provinces & Autonomous Regions is established by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to strengthen the education exchanges and cooperation between China and its neighboring countries. The education authorities in the provinces and autonomous regions under this program lead the local institutions to carry out the recruitment. China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the MOE, holds the responsibility of the verification, approval and the routine management of the program.
Duration of award(s): For Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years and for Doctoral Degree Students: 3-4 academic years.
What does it cover?
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
- Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
- Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
- Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly
living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons should go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship students, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
Approval and Notification:
- Chinese HEIs and the provincial education authorities undertaking this program shall assess all applications and provide CSC the nominations for approval.
- The education authorities in the provinces and autonomous regions undertaking this program are required to send photocopies of the application documents including Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, highest diploma, and Foreigner Physical Examination Form, Nomination of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) (in duplicate) to CSC by the end of April 2013 for verification and approval.
- CSC will assess above documents and issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the qualified nominees.
- CSC will send the Final List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the education authorities in the provinces and autonomous regions under this program by the end of June, 2013. The education authorities in the provinces and autonomous regions will forward the documents to the institutions. Students will be informed the application result by the institutions.
- Regulations for international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Program will apply to the students under this scholarship program.
Scholarship awardees are not permitted to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
How to Apply: The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate)
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English). Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. Applicants should obtain the “Agency No.” from the universities they apply to directly. Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Study or research plan: in Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.
- Recommendation letters: Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn) The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the Chinese HEIs undertaking this program before March 31st 2013. CSC does not accept individual applications.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applicants are required to submit their application documents to the Chinese HEIs undertaking this program before March 31st 2013.