2013/2014 University of Queensland is offering international scholarships for undergraduate students in Australia. Scholarships are provided in the field of Agribusiness, Agricultural Science, Applied Science, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Food Technology, Occupational Health & Safety Science, Regional and Town Planning, Science and Veterinary Science. The application deadlines are 30th April to commence in Semester 2, 2013 (July) and 31st October to commence in Semester 1, 2014 (February).
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in the field of Agribusiness, Agricultural Science, Applied Science, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Food Technology, Occupational Health & Safety Science, Regional and Town Planning, Science and Veterinary Science at University of Queensland in Australia.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level at University of Queensland in Australia.
Scholarship Provider: University of Queensland in Australia.
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia.
Eligibility: To be eligible to be considered for a UQ Science International Scholarship, an applicant must:-Be able to be classified as an international student in Australia.
- Have a full unconditional offer from UQ (except in the case where student records from high school are yet to be finalized. In these cases, predicted results signed off by the school and a conditional offer from UQ may be considered by the selection commit.
- For undergraduate programs, have completed senior high school and have obtained an entry score that equates to a Queensland Tertiary Education rank of 96or higher
- For postgraduate programs, have completed an undergraduate degree and obtained a GPA (Grade Point Average) of 6 or higher on a scale of 7.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Faculty of Science is proud to offer the Science International Scholarships program. The program is two-tiered with applicants eligible to be considered either for scholarships valued at a total of AU $12,000 or AU $5,000 with one application. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic performance and the applicant’s personal statement.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Not Known
What does it cover? Science Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships: Total value AU $12,000 (paid AU $6,000 in first semester of study and AU $6,000 in second semester of study)
Science Undergraduate Merit Scholarships: Total value AU $5,000 (paid at AU $3,000 in first semester of study and AU $2,000 in second semester of study)
Selection criteria: Following each closing date, applications will be considered by the following process:
- Applications will be assessed by a selection committee made up of the Faculty of Science Associate Deans (Academic), the Manager Academic Administration, Science, and a representative from UQ International.
- The selection committee will review applicants’ grades and personal statement and provide recommendations to the Executive Dean, Faculty of Science, for approval.
- Recommendations for the award of scholarships will be based on academic merit and the personal statement .UQ also reserves the right to priorities specific study areas in the selection process.
- Scholarships will be recommended at one of two levels:-UQ Science International Excellence Scholarships valued at a total of AU$12,000; or
- UQ Science International Merit Scholarships valued at a total of AU$5,000
- The Executive Dean’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online or by post.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number
- Complete and submit the Science International Undergraduate Scholarship online application form.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadlines are 30th April to commence in Semester 2, 2013 (July) and
31st October to commence in Semester 1, 2014 (February).