The International Agrifood Doctorate School is offering grants to PhD students from foreign universities. The awards are to prepare doctoral theses on a co-supervised basis in PhD programmes offered by the ceiA3 Universities as partner institutions in the eiDA3. The grants will cover stays of six (6) months at one of the Universities participating in the ceiA3. Eight (8) grants will be offered. Deadline for applications is 30th May, 2013.
Study Subject(s): The grants are for PhD programmes offered by the ceiA3 Universities as partner institutions in the eiDA3.
Course Level: These grants are offered to prepare doctoral theses on a co-supervised basis by students from foreign universities in PhD programmes offered by the ceiA3 Universities as partner institutions in the eiDA3.
Scholarship Provider: The International Agrifood Doctorate School (eidA3)
Scholarship can be taken at: Spain
- PhD students from foreign universities in the second or subsequent years of their doctoral theses
- PhD students applying for academic mobility grants must have completed the doctoral training period (master, courses, etc.) established by legislation in the country of origin at the moment of incorporation to the host university and/or are enrolled in doctoral studies
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International applicants can apply for these awards.
Scholarship Description: These academic mobility grants are intended to cover stays of six (6) months at one of the Universities participating in the ceiA3 by PhD students from foreign universities wishing to carry out research activities related with the scientific content of their doctoral theses and to obtain the title of doctor on a co-supervised basis in accordance with the requirements established in the standard agreement. If the research programme extends beyond the date indicated, the period must be financed by the host university in the same terms as those set out in this call for applications, for which a formal agreement must be concluded.
Number of awards offered: Eight (8) grants will be offered.
Duration of award(s): These academic mobility grants are intended to cover stays of six (6) months at one of the Universities participating in the ceiA3 by PhD students from foreign universities. The duration of stays will be 6 months at the same host university. The stay may be divided into two periods: one period must last at least 3 months and finish before December 20th 2013, completing the stay during 2014.
What does it cover? Grants will be to the value of 1,060 euros per month with a single allocation of up to 340 euros for travel. To cover the costs of stays, each grant will include an allowance of up to 3,300 euros,depending on the field of study of the recipient group, in order to cover expendable expenses.
Selection Criteria: The following general evaluation criteria will be applied:
a) Average grade on the student’s academic record, up to a maximum of 4 points.
b) Publications, papers at congresses and other scientific experience of the applicant deriving from work on the doctoral thesis up to a maximum of 4 points, evaluating the position of the applicant on the list of authors and the international nature of the contribution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online. Printed application form and the corresponding supporting documents should be sent by email to escueladoctoral-at-ceia3.es. Documentation:
- Application form with acceptance by the thesis supervisor at the university of origin and the supervisor at the host university.
- Research programme
- Commitment of the University of Origin to sign the standard agreement included in the call for applications.
- Passport, residence permit in the country of origin in the case of non-EU students. DNI (Spanish National Identity Card) number in the case of Spanish PhD students enrolled at foreign universities.
- Certificate of academic record with details of the studies giving access to the doctoral studies.
- Proof of academic, scientific and professional qualifications obtained, as indicated on the form included in the call.
- Research and doctoral supervision experience of the recipient group and co-supervisor according to the model set for this call. This model set should be sent by spanish cosupervisor to escueladoctoral-at-ceia3.es
Grant supporting documents: Within five (days) after the PhD student has enrolled at the host university, he/she must present the following:
- Certificate of enrolment signed by the thesis supervisor at the host university and approved by the Doctoral Programme Coordinator or the person responsible for PhD studies at the university.
- Original tickets of public transport used to travel from the University of Origin to the host university. Students must present original airplane boarding passes and train tickets.
- During the final 15 days of their stay, and before this ends, PhD students must present the following:
1.Report on the activities carried out with the conformity of the thesis supervisors.
2. Certificate of attendance accredited by the university where the student has completed the stay.
3. Original tickets of public transport used for the return journey.
The abovementioned documentation must be presented at the ceiA3 Technical Office of the university where the PhD student is enrolled (Appendix 3).
Scholarship Application Deadline: Deadline for applications is 30th May, 2013.