The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) is offering 39 International Fellowships Programme in Humanities and Social sciences. International students can apply for this scholarship. The fellowship offers ten months residency program for international researchers. International fellowship covers living allowance, accommodation, basic social security coverage, travel expenses and research budget. The fellowship is competitive, merit-based. Send your application online.
Study Subject(s): The fellowship is provided to study in Humanities and Social sciences.
Course Level:This fellowship is for pursuing research level.
Scholarship Provider: The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS)
Scholarship can be taken at: Berlin, Bologna, Brussels, Budapest, Cambridge, Delmenhorst, Freiburg, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Uppsala, Vienna, Wassenaar, Zürich.
- Degree At the time of the application, researchers must be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree.Exception is made for Law scholars who are eligible with a Master +6 years of full-time research experience after the degree. (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience).
- Nationality Researchers from all countries are eligible to the programme but applicants cannot apply to an institute located in their country of nationality or residence.
- Exception is made for applicants who have not spent more than 12 months in their country of nationality or residence during the last 3 years prior to the application.
- Disciplines The programme is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences. It also welcomes applications from the arts, life and exact sciences provided that:
• the research project does not require any intensive laboratory work,
• the research project interfaces with humanities and social sciences,
• the applicant has a proven capacity to dialogue with other scientific disciplines,
• the candidate applies to an IAS that welcome scholars outside the humanities and social sciences. There is no age limit for applying to EURIAS Fellowship Programme.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students can apply for this fellowship.
Scholarship Description: The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme. It builds on the strong reputation of the Institutes for Advanced Study for promoting the focused, self-directed work of excellent researchers within the stimulating environment of a multidisciplinary and international group of fellows.
Number of awards offered: EURIAS offers 39 fellowships (20 junior and 19 senior positions).
Duration of award(s): EURIAS Fellowship Programme grants 10-months fellowships exclusively.he EURIAS Fellowship Programme offers two types of 10-month fellowships according to research experience: Junior fellowships Junior fellowships are offered to researchers having by the time of the application:
- a PhD
- 2 to 9 years of full-time research experience after obtaining the PhD (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience) Senior fellowships Senior fellowships are offered to researchers having by the time of the application:
- a PhD
- minimum 10 years of full-time research experience after obtaining a PhD
What does it cover? EURIAS fellowships offer the following conditions:
- Living allowance in the range of € 26,000 for a junior fellow and € 38,000 for a senior fellow
- Basic social security coverage (minimal conditions)*
- Accommodation or support for relocation
- A research budget
- Travel expenses (one round trip)
- Same working conditions as the IAS’ other fellows * Please, note that the administrative modalities, working conditions, level of social security coverage and the precise living allowance amount may slightly vary from one Institute to another.
Selection Criteria: Application assessment The selection of applicants who are eligible for a fellowship is competitive, merit-based and conducted through an internationally independent and recognized peer review process. It meets the highly demanding excellence standards of the participating Institutes for Advanced Study. The EURIAS Fellowship Programme undertakes a detailed qualitative assessment according to the following criteria:
- Scientific excellence of the applicant (career path, quality of the list of publications, international commitment)
- Quality of the proposal (innovative, path-breaking, high-impact, sound theoretical and methodological framework)
- Interdisciplinary potential of the research proposal
- Significance of the research proposal for the international academic community
- Ability to carry out the research proposal
- Ability to forge behind disciplinary specializations
- Relevance of a residency at an Institute for Advanced Study for the research project
- Expected impact of the fellowship on training and career development
- Proven language capacity (most IAS operate in an English-language environment, but research can be conducted in any language, and language diversity is welcome).
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact Employer