University of Twente
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 15 Dec/15 Mar (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Next course starts Feb 2013
Brief description :
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from non-EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Host Institution(s) : Univesity of Twente, The Netherlands
Field of study : Any field of study offered at University of Twente.
Number of Scholarships :
Please be aware that only a limited number of scholarships are available. Only the most excellent students will be nominated.
Target group : Prospective students from Non-EU/EEA countries
There are two possible UTS amounts for one year study programmes and two for two year study programmes. The student can only chose and apply for one of these. The amounts stated are given per year of study.
The scholarship amounts from which the student will chose by application are:
- 22.500 € two year master programme
- 20.000 € one year master programme
- 12.500 € two year master programme
- 10.000 € one year master programme
Exception on these amounts are made for the two year study programme Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society, a non-technical study, for which the following scholarship amounts to be chosen from: large scholarship = 20.000 € small = 10.000 €
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Have been admitted to one of the above mentioned graduate programmes at University of Twente before December 15 for round 1 or March 15 for round 2
- Have graduated with excellent results in their (under-)graduate programme, where excellency is based on overall CGPA
- Comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa.
- Comply with the overall English language test norm Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- Have the nationality from a non-EU/EEA country and not being eligible for a Dutch study grant
- Have finished a possible pre-master at the University of Twente
- Students who are not directly admitted to a master, but will start a ‘pre-master’ programme can already apply for a UTS. If they do not finish the pre-master with a CGPA of 7,5 out of 10, they cannot be granted UTS. They must also comply with above mentioned requirements for UTS, including English language test scores.
Please note that you can only be nominated for the UT Scholarship after you have been (provisionally) accepted by the educational programme of your choice. Read the application instructions for admissions (link to application form is found here).
You cannot apply for the UT Scholarship yourself. You can only be nominated by the faculty of the university for a UT Scholarship. After being admitted to the University, the faculty may decide to nominate you for the scholarship. In that case, the faculty will contact you to confirm your interest in the scholarship. The deadline for admissions is 15 December 2012 for study in February 2013.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.utwente.nl/internationalstudents/scholarshipsandgrants/all/uts/