Research Position in Crop Physiology for Developing Counties Students at International Rice Research Institute, Philippines 2012
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are being offered in Crop Physiology
Course Level:This Scholarship programme is available for Research program
- BS Agronomy, Crop Physiology or related discipline
- Knowledge in assorted physiological measurement devices and Wet Lab analytical equipment
- Proficiency in English language, written and oral
- Demonstrated skills in leading teams
- Driving skills
Scholarship Open for International Students: Developing Countries students can apply for the scholarship
Scholarship Description: This position is based on the funding of CSISA II project and contributes to the implementation if its Objective 3 (High-yielding, heat and water-stress resistant rice varieties), with emphasis on yielding potential traits.
Roles and responsibilities :The Researcher will assist in designing, implementing, documenting and analyzing on-station field experiments at IRRI and PhilRIce.
- These experiments aim at one or several of the following objectives: Characterizing yield potential component traits as a function of genotype, climatic environment and population; Generating minimum datasets for crop modeling; Field phenotyping of yield potential component traits.
- These experiments involve laboratory based sample analyses for chemical composition of plant tissues.
- Lay out and implement, in a team context, on-station field experiments at PhilRice and IRRI.
- Process and analyze results using standard tools (MS Office, IRRIstat) and establish reports
- Perform physical and chemical plant sample analyses and assist in methodology adaptation for this purpose
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Number of Awards: Not known
Tenure of Awards: Not Known
Value: Not Known
Notifications: Not known
How to Apply: The applications are to be submitted Online
Scholarship Application Deadline: 10/17/2012