We are looking for a GIS/Database Officer who will manage GIS database and provide support to the project in all the GIS related areas. The incumbent will also provide guidance to the Strategic Planning Support Team on data and information management needs for the threat-/risk mapping system.
Location: Ngoyla, South –East, Cameroon Main
- Produce relevant maps for the project as needed
- Monitor changes vegetation cover of project area using relevant GIS tools
- Organize and manage the proper usage of GIS and related tools and ensure the adequate storage of the information on computers and the proper integration of the data into the project database
- Liaise with other organizations (UN, NGOS, international agencies, national counterparts) in order to identify existing geographic datasets, support inter-operability and data exchange, promote data management best practices, and provide technical support
- Provide strategic guidance to the Strategic Planning Support Team on data and information management needs for the threat-/risk mapping system
- Develop, organize and implement GIS and MIST training MINFOF and project staff What you need: Required Qualifications
- Minimum university degree (Bachelor’s degree), preferably in Geographic Information Systems, computer science or other relevant field
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant professional experience in GIS or information management or other related field. This must include at least one year of experience working in a conservation or development context
Required Skills and Competencies
- Practical background in GIS and cartography, including knowledge of current GIS software (MapInfo, ARC/Info, ARCGIS, MIST);
- Knowledge of related software and systems (database, word processing, desktop publishing);
- Knowledge of Remote Sensing and raster-vector integration techniques;
- Familiarity with Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI);
- Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
- Strong service orientation;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English; and French
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com,
The subject should read 008CM.
Deadline for applications: September 28th, 2012.