Réf. : 000623
Nb de postes : 1
This position will implement, monitor and maintain EHS programme activities as per the set Company QEHS standards, codes of practice and procedures to ensure protection of health & safety of employees, contractors, visitors; and to ensure protection and conservation of the environment.
- Key Accountabilities
- Review, implement and maintaining company EHS policies, standards, codes of practice, procedures and guidelines
- Collect and collate Environment Health and Safety (EHS) data for internal and global reporting as well as maintaining contacts with partners in health and safety, including government and coordinating both internal and external EHS Communications
- Provide advice on EHS to line departments and promote EHS plans and supervise, monitor, evaluate and report performance against the plans
- Prepare EHS training plan, and in coordination with the Human Resource Partner provide relevant training to staff and maintain internal auditing expertise and ensure execution of the annual EHS audit programs
Qualification & Other Requirements:
- Bachelors Science degree preferably in environmental science, chemistry, chemical engineering or food science and technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and or Environment Management added advantage
- A minimum of 3-years work experience with a reputable manufacturing organization
- Thorough knowledge on environment, occupational health and safety regulations
- Working knowledge/certificates in the following Integrated Management Systems QMS ISO 9001:2000, EMS ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS ISO 18001:2009 and FSMS ISO 22000: 2005
- Ability to drive results, driving change, business understanding and teamwork.
- Thorough understanding of risk management, as relates to EHS and loss control methodology.
- Good knowledge of statistics, report writing, and an eye for accuracy
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing EHS stewardship programmes.
- Hands-on experience in developing and implementing waste minimization plans and programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to influence by example and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and make presentations before various audiencesat all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with wide variety of audiences (operators, management, engineering, e.tc,)
CLOSING DATE: October 31th 2012