The Finance Manager as one of the Executive Management Committee Members of the Cameroon operations is responsible for all matters related to financial reporting.
One of his/her role will be to build a finance organisation that can cope with the increasing activities of the region, the integration of the group in Cameroun (including change of back office system) as well as the additional level of reporting.
- To be fully responsible for all finance matters and to liaise with all appropriate personnel in the Group (MEA CFO, MEA Finance Controller, MEA Treasurer, MEA Legal Counsel, Tax, Platform controllers..)
- To be fully responsible for preparing the annual budget and semi-annual reforecast.
- To be fully accountable for the accurate and timely production of Statutory Financial and Management reporting
- To be responsible for tax matters including Tax reporting, relationship with fiscal and custom authorities
- To be fully accountable for all treasury matters on a day-to-day basis (back office..) ; financing and bank relationship being shared with the GM and MEA Treasurer
- To be the custodian of all financial governance and financial/operating controls.
- To look after administrative matters liaising with group for legal, corporate secretaries’.
- Developing, enhancing and promoting a strong internal control environment throughout the company, including the coordination and quality assurance of the various departmental risk and control self assessment processes, analysis of key risks identified, assessing the adequacy of corrective actions and following up of the implementation and appropriateness of corrective actions
- Co-ordination and preparation of the annual budget and business plan
- Variance analysis and interpretation of financial results
- Ultimately responsible for all reporting (Statutory, management, cash forecast, treasury)
- Pro-active effective capital management including control the structure of the balance sheet;
- Ensuring compliance with all local regulatory requirements;
- Co-ordination and ownership of all finance systems and related implementations and upgrades;
- Coordinating all audit, regulatory and other external examinations and reviews
- Partnering with the business / trading lines to explain & comments results and support effective strategic decision making for the company as a whole
The job will expose the candidate to:
- Decision making at executive and operating level.
- Managing and influencing diverse groups of people in different roles.
- Financial, tax and regulatory reporting applying specific laws and regulation applicable to the country
- Develop, coach and train individuals at various stages of maturity and development
- Exposure to both internal, external and Regulatory audit
Previous experience of/as:
- Finance Manager or Financial Controller preferably in local branch or subsidiary of private company with rigorous reporting to regional/global headoffice.
- Exposure to IT
- Operating control
- At least 10 years of experience
- Internal controls
- Operational risk
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Relevant Financial Degree or similar tertiary qualification
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent would be preferred
- Financial accounting – Intermediate
- Regulatory reporting – Intermediate
- Tax reporting – Intermediate
- People management – Intermediate
- French and English fluent
- A very reliable & trusted profile as the key guardian of all finance flows as well of all controls.
- An energetic and highly motivated self-starter with an assertive character, a hands on approach and who aspires to being a key contributor in a dynamic team environment of professionals.
- Strong sense of responsibility, trustful
- Strong interpersonal and management skills are essential.
- A pro-active decision maker who has the ability to champion Finance initiatives through to successful conclusion.
- Displays clear accountability and ownership of issues
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com