We are looking for a Financial Controller who will ensure a high performing WWF Cameroon Office with efficient and effective Financial and Accounting operations and systems, as well as a sound management of financial resources to delivering conservation activities. The incumbent will also develop and roll out training, tools and support for finance staff and other staff on finance and control topics.
Yaounde, Cameroon Country Programme Office
- Ensures effective implementation of all adopted financial policies, procedures and legal requirements in the programme;
- Streamlines financial processes and procedures in the Programme, and promote or implements newfinancial initiatives and requirements;
- Ensures that the review of PO trial balances is done timely and corrections are made when necessary;
- Conducts regular reviews at PO field projects to identify control gaps and areas of non-compliance with PO policies and procedures;
What you need:
- Accounting certifications (ACCA, CPA) and/or Master Degree in international business or finance, business administration and management.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in finance or accounting is essential. This must include at least two (2) years of management experience working in multicultural and decentralized teams. An experience in NGO and/or international organization and the knowledge of WWF’s network will be an asset.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of financial issues, including financial reporting, controlling and budgeting;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management and related control policies;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office package especially MS Excel, and of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software ;
- Availability to travel in field projects both inside or/and outside the country;
- Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills;
- Ability to train others, explain complex concepts in a simple manner and drive change and high performance to other staffs;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely in English and French
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org,
The subject should read 0012FC.
Deadline for applications: November 22th, 2012.