The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent
conservation organizations in the world. WWF is an international NGO committed
to environmental protection. The global conservation organization, active in almost
100 countries, has been working in the Congo Basin in Central Africa for more
than 20 years. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world
and build a future where humans live in harmony with nature.
We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer for our Cameroon Programme
Office, who will be responsible for managing the work of support services units
(financial operations, IT and Logistics). The incumbent will also serve as a focal
point for donors, and the regional office, for any issues concerning financial and
administrative projects and programme management.
- With the Operations teams, coordinates their work plans, budgets and deliverables, ensuring compliance with WWF Cameroon Country Programme Office (CCPO) policies and timelines;
- Facilitates external audits of the Programme Office at all levels;
- Ensures that all rules, regulations and procedures are followed and enforced;
- Monitors and evaluates the operations activities in tandem with the Conservation Plan;
- Ensures that measures are in place for the protection and safety of WWF CCPO's staff and assets;
- Ensures the overall legal status of WWF and its presences in Cameroon and the related requirements are appropriate and enforced. Liaises with government on a Country Agreement, ensuring that this is up-to-date and includes beneficial conditions on taxation, customs duties;
- Develop an annual operational plan which ensures effective administration of all WWF CCPO’s Programme offices in the country;
- Supports fundraising efforts by ensuring proposal budgets are realistic and of high quality, recovering costs at a maximum and that the requirements of the proposal process have been respected in line with the existing policy C2G (Cradle to Grave);
- Develops quality risk management plans for WWF CCPO and oversees their implementation and monitoring;
- Oversees the establishment of sound and secure IT and Telecommunication services for WWF in Cameroon;
- Designs and oversees the implementation of strategies to enhance WWF’s operational efficiency and internal control environment;
- Coaches and trains key staff on financial and administrative issues;
- Reviews all contractual partnerships and agreements to ensure they are appropriate, credible and up to date;
- Performs other duties as requested by the Country Director or regional management.
What you need:
- Minimum Master’s degree in management, Finance, Business Administration or international development or any other relevant field;
- 07 to 10 years of professional experience in a leadership role, with demonstrated success in managing teams and office operations, corporate engagement, relationship management and managing complex budgets;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non-government organizations, governance and regulatory
Required Skills and Competencies
- proven leadership skills with excellent capacity to manage Finance and Operations Teams; ability to inspire and motivate staff and external partners;
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating strategic plans;
- High level negotiation, facilitation as well as interpersonal and influencing skills and the capacity to develop and maintain strong relationships within WWF and across the WWF Network and in the business and not-for-profit communities;
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English and French;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and a detailed CV to email@example.com. The subject
should read 011BM.
Deadline for applications: 22th November 2012
Female applicants are encouraged!