Position: Administration and Finance Officer
Opening date: 30 October 2012
Closing date: 30 November 2012
R4D Intl is a research foundation working in close collaboration with health institutions in developing countries to promote the implementation of evidence-based practices. In particular, R4D Intl supports the achievement of MDGs at local level by engaging in research and interventions related to reduction of hunger and malnutrition (MDG1), girl child education (MDG2), economic empowerment of women (MDG3), child and maternal health (MDG 4&5), HIV/AIDS, Malaria and TB (MDG6), sustainable environment (MDG7), information communication technology (ICT) (MDG8).
Terms of reference
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the incumbent will provide administrative and financial guidance as well as ensure general co-ordination and supervision of the planning, preparation, monitoring, review, clearance, and control of administration and financial operations.
- Provide advice and guidance on requirements to be met for programme planning and budget formulation including staffing, oversee the preparation of submissions and annual work plans.
- Review and oversee the preparation of budgetary and implementation reports.
- Bring significant issues arising from budget analysis and trend forecasting to the attention of senior management.
- Provide policy and technical advice regarding the application of R4D Intl administrative & financial manual procedures.
- Maintain liaison with partner organizations/ agencies on administration and financial matters.
- Ensure the preparation of administrative & financial documents as required.
- Coordinate input to medium-term planning and budgeting documents.
- Coordinate the administrative & financial monitoring and reporting on programme implementation .
- Ensure a reasonable historical record of the inputs and outputs achieved in each annual period.
- Perform other duties as required.
University degree in business administration, accounting or banking and finance. Previous experience in a similar position will be an asset.
- Additional requirements
Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French. Good computer skills. Knowledge
of accounting software will be an asset.
How to apply
Please submit updated CV and motivation letter at email@example.com. Deadline: 30 November 2012. Application submitted after this date will not be considered. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline.