A foundation dedicated to translational research in global health in developing countries.
P.O.Box 30 883, Yaoundé-Cameroon. Reg. No 00000830/ARDA/JO6/BAPPA.
Position: Computer Tutor
Type of contract: Long term assignment
Location: Bangolan and Babessi villages (Ngoketunjia Division, North West Region, Cameroon)
Number of positions available: 2
Opening date: 01. 01.2013
Closing date: 30. 01.2013
Background: The Village ICT hub project is an initiative of Research for Development
International (R4D Intl), an NGO working for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) at community level through evidence-based practices (www.r4dinternational.org). This project is part the GREEN Initiative project and aims at closing the digital gap currently observed between the cities and the rural areas in Cameroon through a set of activities at village level including the creation of computer training centers providing services such as computer training, internet services and documentation. R4D Intl is currently recruiting 2 computer tutors to manage the ICT hub project in Bangolan and Babessi villages, located in Ngoketunjia Division inthe North West Region of Cameroon.
Duties and responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of the GREEN Center, the incumbent will:
- Develop and implement standard computer training modules for the project,
- Vulgarized the services of the village ICT hub project in the community,
- Educate the local community and especially the village students on the use of computer and internet services,
- Enroll and train villagers (especially the youths and women) on computer and internet services,
- Manage the day to day activities of the ICT hub center,
- Collaborate with the manager of GREEN Center to ensure the safeguard of equipments/materials of the project,
- Collaborate with technical staff to ensure preventive and active maintenance of project equipments/materials.
- Good mastering of different software and hardware ( maintenance)
- Be able to troubleshoot in case of dysfunctionning of computers or other equipments
- Previous working experience in a cybercafé is strongly recommended
- Knowledge of Basic Network, Programs and/or Protocols
- Strong ability to search online
- Good communication skills in English
- Good mastering of Microsoft Office Package
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Good team player
- Strong ability to install and configure an operating system and other programs.
- Advanced level Certificate + Diploma in computer sciences;
- Fluent in English;
- Readiness to reside and work full time in a rural environment;
- Previous working experience on education in development programs will be an asset.
How to apply
Please submit updated CV and motivation letter at both firstname.lastname@example.org and
Deadline: 30 January 2013. Application submitted after this date will not be considered. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.