A foundation dedicated to translational research in global health in developing countries.
P.O.Box 30 883, Yaoundé-Cameroon. Reg. No 00000830/ARDA/JO6/BAPPA.
Position: Manager GREEN Center, Bangolan
Type of contract: Long term assignment
Location: Bangolan village (Babessi subdivision, Ngoketunjia Division, North West Region, Cameroon)
Opening date: 01. 01.2013
Closing date: 30. 01.2013
Background: R4D Intl is an NGO working in close collaboration with local institutions to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) at community level though evidence-based practices (www.r4dinternational.org). R4D Intl is currently implementing the Grass Root Economic Empowerment Network Initiative (GREEN Initiative), a project aiming at reducing poverty at local level through a set of activities including microfinance, delivery of ICT services, and education on developmental issues such as climate change, gender inequalities and violence against women. In particular, microfinance activities (savings, loans, money transfer and insurance) are delivered through GREEN Finance, an economic empowerment project targeting women and the youths. In villages where R4D Intl is present, the activities of the GREEN Initiative project is coordinated in a local office called “GREEN Center” or community MDGs center. R4D Intl is currently recruiting an enthusiastic, dynamic and resultoriented professional to manage the day to day activities of the “GREEN Center” of Bangolan village.
Responsibilities and duties: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of GREEN Finance (based in Yaoundé), the incumbent will:
- Ensure planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all the activities of the GREEN Center,
- Be responsible for the overall leadership, education, compliance, operations and financial management of the GREEN Center,
- Sensitize the local community about the activities of the GREEN Center,
- Enroll and train members on microfinance activities,
- Supervise the Center’s staff and participate in their appraisal,
- Animate the Center’s activities to ensure the smooth functioning and continues growth of the project,
- Attend to members/clients and resolve their problems accordingly,
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Advance level + diploma in accounting or banking & finance.
- Previous work experience in a development program will be an asset.
- Readiness and ability to live and work in a rural environment.
Additional requirements: Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French. Good computer skills. Knowledge of accounting software will be an asset.
How to apply: Please submit updated CV and motivation letter at both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Deadline: 30 January 2013. Application submitted after this date will not be considered. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.