A foundation dedicated to translational research in global health in developing countries.
P.O.Box 30 883, Yaoundé-Cameroon. Reg. No 00000830/ARDA/JO6/BAPPA.
Position title: Accountant, GREEN Finance
Type of contract: Long term assignment
Opening date: 01/01/2013
Closing date: 30/01/2013
Background: GREEN Finance is a microfinance project initiated by Research for Development International (R4D Intl), a Foundation working for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) at community level though evidence-based practices (www.r4dinternational.org). Considering that poverty reduction at grass root level is key to the achievement of the MDGs by 2015 and based on the evidence that microfinance is a powerful tool to fight poverty, R4D Intl initiated the Grass Root Economic Empowerment Network Finance
(GREEN Finance) as a microfinance project aiming at helping the poor to escape the poverty trap. Indeed, the vision of GREEN Finance is grounded on the principles of microfinance endorsed by CGAP (www.cgap.org). Hence, the aim of the GREEN Finance is meeting the needs of poor people with a variety of financial services including savings, loans, money transfer and insurance. GREEN Finance is authorized to operate in the entire territory of Cameroon as a Microfinance
Establishment Category 1 (MFE 1) under the Registration No/CE/CO/036/12/3292.
Responsibilities and Duties: Under the direct supervision of the Manager GREEN FINANCE, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Performs routine accounting work and responsibilities to assist in maintaining smooth financial operations,
- Processing payment of utility bills and invoices using appropriate tools,
- Prepare requests for bills and invoices to be paid;
- Track budget before any disbursement of funds is made;
- Posting accounting entries for expenses authorized and income earned;
- Preparing periodic reports (profit and loss account, balance sheet, proof of accounts, bank and inter-branch reconciliation statement, consolidation of reports and calculation of ratios,…);
- Declaration and payments of taxes and National Social Insurance Fund contributions monthly;
- Inventory work at the end of the every period (monthly quarterly, per semester and at the end of the year;
- Verify expense reports from staff and other parties for accuracy and compliance with GREEN Finance Internal financial and administrative procedures, and tracing the advance accounts,
- Verify invoices for accuracy and legitimacy,
- Maintain financial files up to date in a traceable and systematic way,
- Assist with preparing bank transfers and submitting documents to the banks,
- Monitor the liquidity situation of the institution and manage the cash and bank accounts in an effective manner,
- Ensure that cash receipts and disbursement are properly supported with relevant evidential documentation and that all cash and bank balances are correctly reconciled with bank statements monthly and in a timely manner with the records maintained,
- Carry out other tasks as required.
Minimum qualifications: University degree in accounting and finance. Previous experience in a similar position will be an asset.
Additional requirements: Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French. Good computer skills. Knowledge of accounting software will be an asset.
How to apply: Please submit updated CV and motivation letter at both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 30 January 2013. Application submitted after this date will not be considered. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.