A foundation dedicated to translational research in global health in developing countries.
P.O.Box 30 883, Yaoundé-Cameroon. Reg. No 00000830/ARDA/JO6/BAPPA.
Position Title: Deputy Manager GREEN Finance
Type of contract: Volunteer Position
Opening date: 01. 01.2013
Closing date: 30. 01.2013
Background: GREEN Finance is a microfinance project initiated by Research for Development International (R4D Intl), a Foundation working for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) at community level though evidence-based practices (www.r4dinternational.org). Considering that poverty reduction at grass root level is key to the achievement of the MDGs by 2015 and based on the evidence that microfinance is a powerful tool to fight poverty, R4D Intl initiated the Grass Root Economic Empowerment Network Finance (GREEN Finance) as a microfinance project aiming at helping the poor to escape the poverty trap. Indeed, the vision of GREEN Finance is grounded on the principles of microfinance endorsed by CGAP (www.cgap.org). Hence, the aim of the GREEN
Finance is meeting the needs of poor people with a variety of financial services including savings, loans, money transfer and insurance. GREEN Finance is authorized to operate in the entire territory of Cameroon as a Microfinance
Establishment Category 1 (MFE 1) under the Registration No/CE/CO/036/12/3292.
Responsibilities and duties: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of GREEN Finance, the incumbent will assist the Manager of GREEN Finance as follows:
- Provide administrative and financial guidance as well as ensure general co-ordination, supervision planning, monitoring and evaluation of the activities of the institution,
- Be responsible for the overall leadership, marketing, compliance, operations and financial management of the institution,
- Provide general supervision and auditing of all branches operations and reporting to the Board of Directors,
- Animate branch activities to ensure the smooth functioning and continues growth of the institution,
- Attend to customers and resolve their problems accordingly,
- Go out for marketing in order to increase customer enrollment,
- Recruit, trained and supervised the institution staff,
- Represent the institution wherever necessary,
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications: University degree in business administration, accounting or banking and finance. Previous experience in a similar position will be an asset.
Additional requirements: Excellent knowledge of English, working knowledge of French. Good computer skills. Knowledge of accounting software will be an asset.
How to apply: Please submit updated CV and motivation letter at both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 30 January 2013. Application submitted after this date will not be considered. Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.