GLENCORE EXPLORATION CAMEROON LTD
An opportunity to join a world-wide class company
Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd. Has an exciting opportunity and is looking for a motivated, efficient, proactive and experienced candidate in the position as Administrative Assistant to join their drilling team based in Douala.
Interested candidates should forward their curriculum vitae including full employment history to the following e-mail address : email@example.com before the 31st of January 2013. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Administrative assistant for Glencore Exploration Cameroon Ltd. (Glencore) - Drilling Department based in Douala, Cameroon
Glencore, as part of its growing operations is looking for a motivated, efficient, proactive and experienced Administrative Assistant to join its drilling department on a long term contract basis in Douala.
As a Drilling Administrative Assistant working for Glencore, the general responsibilities will include:
- Focal point for rig crew change.
- Upkeep of Clew chanqe work book.
- Preparation and signing of crew manifest.
- Advising all on signing crew of check in details prior to day of travel.
- Assisting at "check in" venue on crew change days.
- Available 24/7 to receive and respond to emails and phone calls relating to last minute changes in crew change matters.
- General administrative duties around the Matanda and Lima base offices as required by the drilling team. This will include and not limited to:
- Document preparation,
- Inventory control,
- Assisting in the preparation of purchase and service orders POs & SOs),
- Assist the logistics team in manifest preparation,
- Maintain & update various spread sheets,
- Actively participate and promote the company's HSE policies and procedures,
- Controlling the PPE materials warehouse and all movements,
- Ensure regular weekly/monthly reporting to the management of Glencore,
- Actively promote the Glencore image, etc.
Necessary qualification and experience:
- Good and relevant University degree with previous experience in a similar job position,
- Minimum of 2/3 year experience in oil & gas related exploration/development projects and administration.
- Strong proficiency in PC skills and Microsoft office tools.
- The ability to work in multicultural environments.
- An excellent communicator is essential whilst working from own initiative with little supervision.
- Enterprising, proactive and results oriented person, who is vest with working as part of a team,
- Working hours will be 8:00-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
- A good understanding of the travel industry will be very helpful
- We give equal opportunity to all
Giving that Glencore works in an international environment the candidate should possess a high standard of spoken and written English and some French.