The Heinrich Böll Foundation offers scholarships for students of all nationalities per year. These scholarships are for those undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students who are pursuing their degree at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany. The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year. The applications deadline is 1st March 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are offered to all subjects offered at universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts in Germany.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral degree level.
Scholarship Provider: The Heinrich Böll Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Germany
- For a student scholarship: Students of all subjects who are pursuing a FIRST university degree and who gained their university entrance qualification from a German school.
- For Student scholarship – Journalism programme: International students of all subjects in a MASTER’S programme, who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany and who would like to study in Germany
- For a doctoral scholarship: Doctoral students of all subjects who gained their university entrance qualification in Germany and who wish to do their doctoral studies in Germany.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’). We expect our scholarship recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
Number of awards offered: 1,000 scholarships are offered.
Duration of award: Not Known
What does it cover? Not Known
Selection criteria: The key criteria for assessing written applications and admission to the next stage of the procedure are:
- Very good school and university academic record
- Social commitment and political interest
- Convincing arguments for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation
- A convincing research project (exposé, innovative line of enquiry, realistic timetable, preliminary work that has reached an advanced stage).( For doctoral applicants)
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Application process is as follows:
- Check if you are among the special focus groups in this application round
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of the documents, submit the application before the end of the application deadline.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The applications deadline is 1st March 2013.